『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

silverpin@2002-12-10 13:31

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

hm...is it legal to get money by playing the piano in church or somewhere in ca?? i have no idea. but in us, it's inadmissible, what we call, illegal or u got labor certificate:):)

btw, where will u guys take a trip next apr.??

u're absolutely right for this. i think i'll take part of what i said back ^^ in ca they don't say it's illegal, but instead, those Co. are not allowed to hire people who are under 18 as a piano player or any other jobs. however, if u work as a volunteer in church, that's 100% fine in ca. i like to do volunteer jobs, they add up my working experiences :)

to myrion, the charlie browns was very successful. thanks again for ur help ( i never thought that u would have the music, i've spent like approximately 2 hours to try to find them and as u know, gained nothing, anyways, i'm really appreciate for that. :D

hoho~~ i 'm now troubled by another two pieces of music, one of them is pretty hard. dun have enough time to practise :( but it's a good one, i think. so here it comes, SONATA in F major by georg philipp telemann for flute and piano. i'm in charge of the piano part... and...... it's hard.................... >_<
引用

myrion@2002-12-10 15:30

引用
最初由 silverpin 发布
u're absolutely right for this. i think i'll take part of what i said back ^^ in ca they don't say it's illegal, but instead, those Co. are not allowed to hire people who are under 18 as a piano player or any other jobs. however, if u work as a volunteer in church, that's 100% fine in ca. i like to do volunteer jobs, they add up my working experiences :)

to myrion, the charlie browns was very successful. thanks again for ur help ( i never thought that u would have the music, i've spent like approximately 2 hours to try to find them and as u know, gained nothing, anyways, i'm really appreciate for that. :D

hoho~~ i 'm now troubled by another two pieces of music, one of them is pretty hard. dun have enough time to practise :( but it's a good one, i think. so here it comes, SONATA in F major by georg philipp telemann for flute and piano. i'm in charge of the piano part... and...... it's hard.................... >_<

actually i am not a churchgoer, do not realize the volunteer duties in that place. without earning money, it's totally out of self-ardor to do that job. i admire:):)

haha, don't mention it. as long as i know the info, i will be glad to help u over. and i believe u will do likewise, right??

it's quite difficult along to playing telemann's operas and cantos. once i had appointed to play his work-musique de table. god!!!i spend much~~~~~~time to do it well. that's why i still remember until now. very terrible:(:(

anyway, good luck and i believe u can do it very well:):)
引用

whatever@2002-12-11 09:49

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

haha~~i also change my signature:):)

that's not bad, considering. don't u think he is cute:):)
in my opinion, u guys should give him more courage to do that way. haha~~

how about ur chorus concert??

My courcet?? Nah, don't mention those horrible thing. Even now, I still can't forget that freezing night. Our concert was a pageant, from 6:00-9:30, of course the chorus students got to arrive there at 5:00. Well, the middle school chorus was lucky, they sang a 6:00,after that they can leave, the sun was still there. However, the high school chorus was hapless. That night just have 10 C. and the wind blew very strong. At first our chorus teacher didn't let us to wear the jacket when we were singing. But later, he saw that we were all shaking(he was warm, his jacket was downy), then finally, he let us to wear the jacket to sing. However that still horrible, you might can image that, 10 C, and really strong wind, even we were the thick jacket , but stay at this cold place for 3 hours, we still feel freezing, and there's nothing cover our face.I was making fun, because there's bored, I was touching my nose, and said to the other," Well, my nose is still here, it did not drop. " then the other also touched their nose and said," well, mine is also here." And we sang not as good as we sang in the chorus room, and when I try to play the piano, I just played about 1 minute, I almost can't feel my fingers were moving. I really appreciate another piano player, she play about thirty song, but she still play well.
I guess, our chorus teacher may never choose pageant at winter again.
引用

whatever@2002-12-11 10:06

引用
最初由 silverpin 发布

I pity you, work as hard as you can kiddo, I know you can do it, you can play piano better than me, I don't think you can't play well in for flute. Good luck, friend.
Btw, I have a really busy December, nearly everyday have school activity, the chorus, the art, the social honor society, and next Tuesday is the final exam. I just took a FCAT writing test today(the state packed us, I don't my school is the highest FCAT score of our county, or of our state), and after tomorrow, my period of chorus(women's group)have a concert at church, and Friday night I got to help the Madrigal dinner for chorus, and Saturday morning I got to do the Beach clean up for the social honor society. Next week is much buzier and more awful. Gosh, give me a break.
引用

myrion@2002-12-11 11:49

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
My courcet?? Nah, don't mention those horrible thing. Even now, I still can't forget that freezing night. Our concert was a pageant, from 6:00-9:30, of course the chorus students got to arrive there at 5:00. Well, the middle school chorus was lucky, they sang a 6:00,after that they can leave, the sun was still there. However, the high school chorus was hapless. That night just have 10 C. and the wind blew very strong. At first our chorus teacher didn't let us to wear the jacket when we were singing. But later, he saw that we were all shaking(he was warm, his jacket was downy), then finally, he let us to wear the jacket to sing. However that still horrible, you might can image that, 10 C, and really strong wind, even we were the thick jacket , but stay at this cold place for 3 hours, we still feel freezing, and there's nothing cover our face.I was making fun, because there's bored, I was touching my nose, and said to the other," Well, my nose is still here, it did not drop. " then the other also touched their nose and said," well, mine is also here." And we sang not as good as we sang in the chorus room, and when I try to play the piano, I just played about 1 minute, I almost can't feel my fingers were moving. I really appreciate another piano player, she play about thirty song, but she still play well.
I guess, our chorus teacher may never choose pageant at winter again.

i just wonder why ur chorus teacher choose pageant instead of indoor to perform in the winter time at first. actually it's difficult to open up our throat to pronounce well with shiver in that situation. that's common sense. i can't imagine how u poor guys stand the cold so long and sing very well@_@
引用

whatever@2002-12-12 11:42

My period will have a show at the church tomorrow. Well, this time is indoor. I guess we can sing well.
引用

whatever@2002-12-13 10:50

Our chorus show(just my period and some special singers involve)in the church was great, and I played well, and we sang well, and our teacher was happy, and the listeners were also happy.
引用

whatever@2002-12-15 01:38

Gosh, I wrote a long dairy, but the popgo system said I did sign in...ar................................ I write it again(write a shorter one)

Guess what? I had a great job and a extremely tired job last night.
Yesterday night, my chorus held a Madrigal Dinner(style of 1850, all the singer and services were dress in the costums, the whole dinner was no light just candela, and the 5-period was singing the Madrigal song and perform and good show, and the girls was dancing a 1850 style song, I guess that song is in "Lomiol and Juliet") in the church for gaining money for the trip on April. We went to the church after school, and we setted up the tables, chairs, ornament for the tables, put all the candles on the table, and the setted up the stage, and other table sets. In the kichen, we perpared the foods, tableware, drinking, sauce. When the dinner began we all got buzy, especial the people served in the kichen(I was one of them), we got to cook the foods, then put them in the plates or bowls, and we had to clean the dishes, I had cleaned hudread of dishes, and after cleaning, we had to put them back to the cabinets. And near the end of the dinner( my period's students were extremely tired), our teacher called my period sing a song. Man give us a break, I even haven't time to drink the water or eat something. And when the dinner was over, we had to put everything back. We work for after school to 10:00 in the night, and most of us didn't eat anything.
There're more than hundred people came yesterday night, and they love the show and the dinner, and we gain lot of the money. And now I know how hard the people working in the restaurant work. And from now on the students work in the kichen( include me), will respect the those cooker and dishes washes more than before. And we have another Madrigal Dinner on next Friday night, we got to work hard and again, and at that day, more people will come. Well if I can draw the people fast I could get a easy job, such my friend did( sketch the people).
Bty, I went to Beach do the beach clean this morning for community service, and the exam is next Tuesday, I really tired I want a break. Wish me luck.
引用

shaka@2002-12-15 09:54

whatever, do you make posts elsewhere in the forum? i didn't see any in other sections...why i ask? just curious :)

next Jan, my secondary school orchestra will stage a public concert in the newly built Esplanade - Theatre on the Bay. It is a magnificent structure, despite the fact that it looks extremely like, well, durians. some say it looks like the head of a fruit-fly, hehe. The concert hall has a capacity of 1800, that's a huge one. It will be a memoriable experience for me, so i'm looking forward to that. After all, that's my reason of staying here for the long holiday.

i want to eat durians !!! no, actually i hate the smell.

let's see what's inside the durian..

...a big concert hall. Man, i'm going to perform there!
引用

whatever@2002-12-15 11:37

:eek: , Wa.................how nice. Now I really admire you, I never perform in suck a nice place. If it's possible, take some photoes when you are performing, and send them here, share with us. Good luck buddy.
Btw, Actually, I was active in this section and the download section. But everyday, I don't spend so much time on this forum. That's why you didn't see me in other section.
引用

whatever@2002-12-21 00:37

Hey, guess what? yesterday my chorus went to Disney with other school, we have a really good show there, but ah...the costume which we wear were ungly, and make us feel really hot, and there's three hundred students sang in the stage, and every student must hold a candle. The show just half an hour, and most the students sweat, some of them sweat badly. But we all get one free ticket . We will have another show on 24th, I hope that day will be cold or freezing, then can let us feel better. And after we sing at 24th, we will get 3 more free ticket, so total is four, I can go to Disney will my family, and have a happy day.
引用

Lizard@2002-12-21 17:24

woohoo~~there area lots of activities of ur chorus~
do u always have such performance~?
引用

droopy@2002-12-21 19:31

Amine in english would be a better way to practice English
引用

whatever@2002-12-22 10:01

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
woohoo~~there area lots of activities of ur chorus~
do u always have such performance~?

Well, before christmas, yes, there're lots of activities, especial 2nd and 5th period of my school chorus.
引用

Lizard@2002-12-22 12:42

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Well, before christmas, yes, there're lots of activities, especial 2nd and 5th period of my school chorus.

how many period in a day~?
i only have 4 period per day, 1hr+15min per period
引用

«1112131415161718»共53页