『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

flybaby@2003-03-26 08:12

I have three assignments in last semester, my english is so pool that the tutors didn't give me better mark, I felt so bad! They can not understand what I said in some sentences and parts. I know I need improve my english. Therefore I have selected additional course such as ESOL writing, listening and speaking. Tutor said I should spend much more time on studing English, however I have only one year, I study in level 3 there are no more time study english and correct some grammar. I lived student accomdition on campus, I have chance to touch foreign people everyday, they come from other countries. English is important to communicat with others. I can understand what they said every words while feel their emotion, I still have not improved my english, they would like use simply words and sentences talk to you! When you want to write assignment, this kind of English is useless, I don't know why I can understand the content of communication and lecture, I can not catch the important words in tutorial. Could you help me? Thanks!(I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this pargraph, you can help me correct, give some suggestion!):( :( :o
引用

Lizard@2003-03-27 05:36

引用
最初由 sharky 发布
If you are in a place that people speaks X, it is appropricate to learn and speak X.

*appropriate*

that's exactly what i mean^!
If you r in a place(Canada) that ppl speaks (Englsih), itz appropriate to learn and speak (english).
so i don't like the way that some ppl speak Chinese to their friends
while they r with some other non-chinese. Supppose u r thr one who do not understand chinese, then u'll feel like u r left out.
引用

Lizard@2003-03-27 06:06

引用
I don't like Cantonese.
I mean the language, not the people.
It's not sounds good.

*it DOES not SOUND good.*

引用
最初由 sharky 发布
So, what is wrong with Cantonese?
I grow up with it and it is absolutly fine. My Mandarin is bad but I use Mandarin if I need to comunicate with someone who speaks it. (Hack! I even try to use Japanese when speaking with Japanese friends, tried but not very successfull) I think learning Cantonese and Mandarin is not big deal, just try to use it and it will be fine. If you are in a place that people speaks X, it is appropricate to learn and speak X.

it really doesn't matter.
for my case, i used to live in shenzhen where is kind of a bilingual city, so i speak both Cant. and Mand. I don't see anything wrong with 'em. but i believe it's apprehensible for some ppl not to go for them. caz if u don't know them, u may somehow have bad impact.
引用

Lizard@2003-03-27 06:17

引用
最初由 flybaby 发布
I have three assignments in last semester, my english is so pool that the tutors didn't give me better mark, I felt so bad! They can not understand what I said in some sentences and parts. I know I need improve my english. Therefore I have selected additional course such as ESOL writing, listening and speaking. Tutor said I should spend much more time on studing English, however I have only one year, I study in level 3 there are no more time study english and correct some grammar. I lived student accomdition on campus, I have chance to touch foreign people everyday, they come from other countries. English is important to communicat with others. I can understand what they said every words while feel their emotion, I still have not improved my english, they would like use simply words and sentences talk to you! When you want to write assignment, this kind of English is useless, I don't know why I can understand the content of communication and lecture, I can not catch the important words in tutorial. Could you help me? Thanks!(I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this pargraph, you can help me correct, give some suggestion!):( :( :o

hey~buddy, do not feel frustrated..
do u always talk to ur friends? do u read a lot?
the problem is that ur speaking and writing are far left behind compared to ur listening....
obviously u r writing in "chinese-english".. and ur vocab. are not rich enough.Try to talk more and read more .
引用

whatever@2003-03-27 10:45

Hi, everybody, how are we? I was pretty good, until after school.
Guess what happened? My aunt was driving my mom, my cousins and me on our way home. On A1A (near Burger King), a guy's car hit our car, and the back of our car broken. When we got off from and car and saw each other, I was really surprised, and so did that guy, he's Tim Bailey (he's in my first and forth period class). I was like, "Hey Tim, what are you doing?"(actually I wanted to say what the hell are you doing, but I swallowed that word) And he was like, " Oh my god, Ivy, how can I hit your car?"
Well, we were out of luck, there's a sheriff driving beside us, actually he was on his way home, but he saw the whole thing. So, we got to do the general inquest. That's never been a good thing. Tim was really upset, he didn't say anything, but put his head on the car, I knew that he had already been catch by sheriff few weeks ago. I think he got to go to the driving school again. It took us almost an hour to deal with everything. But I was wondering something, both of his father and sheriff didn't blame him at all, they just said careful driving. If I hit on somebody's car, I will get blame from 10 uncles, 10 aunts, my parents and my grandma, and more than 10 cousins will laugh at me. Anyway, long story. Have a nice day everybody.
引用

whatever@2003-03-27 11:04

引用
最初由 sharky 发布
So, what is wrong with Cantonese?
I grow up with it and it is absolutly fine. My Mandarin is bad but I use Mandarin if I need to comunicate with someone who speaks it. (Hack! I even try to use Japanese when speaking with Japanese friends, tried but not very successfull) I think learning Cantonese and Mandarin is not big deal, just try to use it and it will be fine. If you are in a place that people speaks X, it is appropricate to learn and speak X.

I agree. Just like I used to talk in English since I came to America. Well, I love Cantonese, it's cool language. Even my american friends think that's a cool language too. It's more flexible than Mandarin. Because many words in Cantonese are come from English or French or other language. And in many time, we translate some English name or street name, use Cantoness is better than use Mandain. For example, there's a street in HongKong, name Wodalaodou (I don't know how to spell it), if translate it into Mandarin, it will sound like,"I hit my dad." But Mandarin is more popular than Cantonese in China, and it's also a language we must study in Chinese school. If possible, try to learn both. I could speak both Mandarin and Cantonese really well.
引用

whatever@2003-03-27 11:25

引用
最初由 flybaby 发布
I have three assignments in last semester, my english is so pool that the tutors didn't give me better mark, I felt so bad! ...............................................................................................Could you help me? Thanks!(I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this pargraph, you can help me correct, give some suggestion!):( :( :o

Well, buddy, welcome, here's a place for practicing our English. There're lots of spelling mistakes and gramma mistakes(Just like my first thread :D ) .Here go, that's all I could correct. And some sentences do not sound right, but i don't know how to correct it.

I have three assignments in last semester, my english is so pool that the tutors didn't give me better mark, I felt so bad! They can not understand what I said in some sentences and parts. I know I need to improve my english. Therefore I have selected additional course such as ESOL writing, listening and speaking. Tutor said I should spend much more time on studying English, however, I have only one year, and I study in level 3 there are no more time study english and correct some grammar. I lived student accomdition on campus, I have chanced to touch foreign people everyday; they come from other countries. English is important to communicate with others. I can understand what they said every word while feel their emotion, I still have not improved my english, they would like using simply words and sentences talk to you! When you want to write assignment, this kind of English is useless, I don't know why I can understand the content of communication and lecture, I can not catch the important words in tutorial. Could you help me? Thanks! (I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this paragraph, you can help me correct, give some suggestion!
引用

jingwen@2003-03-27 21:23

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Well, buddy, welcome, here's a place for practicing our English. There're lots of spelling mistakes and gramma mistakes(Just like my first thread :D ) .Here go, that's all I could correct. And some sentences do not sound right, but i don't know how to correct it.

thread?
Why you use "thread"?
Doesn't it mean "xian suo, xian, yong xian chuan..."?
Why not use poster?:confused:
引用

jingwen@2003-03-27 21:25

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布

*it DOES not SOUND good.*

Are you Cantonese?
Well, if you have heard this kind of language for a long time.It's really doesn't matter.:)
引用

whatever@2003-03-28 12:30

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

Are you Cantonese?
Well, if you have heard this kind of language for a long time.It's really doesn't matter.:)

It does matter. You suppose to say it right. Otherwise, how can you talk to the English speakers.
引用

Lizard@2003-03-28 12:37

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
Are you Cantonese?
Well, if you have heard this kind of language for a long time.It's really doesn't matter.

yeh, i'm cantonese.

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

thread?
Why you use "thread"?

posters means those advertisings that are pasted on the walls, doesn't it?

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
I have three assignments in last semester, my english is so pool that the tutors didn't give me better mark, I felt so bad! They can not understand what I said in some sentences and parts. I know I need to improve my english. Therefore I have selected additional course such as ESOL writing, listening and speaking. Tutor said I should spend much more time on studying English, however, I have only one year, and I study in level 3 there are no more time study english and correct some grammar. I lived student accomdition on campus[color], I have chanced to touch foreign people everyday; they come from other countries. English is important to communicate with others. I can understand what they said every word while feel their emotion, I still have not improved my english, they would like using simply words and sentences talk to you! When you want to write assignment, this kind of English is useless, I don't know why I can understand the content of communication and lecture, I can not catch the important words in tutorial. Could you help me? Thanks! (I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this paragraph, you can help me correct, give some suggestion!

I have three assignments last semester. However,my Englsih is so pool that my tutors didn't give me (better?)good marks. I felt so bad! Sometimes they couldn't understand what I said . I know I need to improve my English. Therefore I've selected some additional courses such as ESOL writing, listenging and speaking. Tutor told me that I should spend more time on studying English, however,I am studying in level 3,and there is only one year left for me to improve my english. I accomodate in campus, so I have opportunities to communicate with different groups everyday. (They came from other countries.) English is the key of communication. I can understand each word what other ppl say while i m feeling their emotions.(not sure whether this sentence makes sense-.-), but i still haven't made any progress. They perfer to use simple words and sentences while talking to me! When I am doing an assignment/(write an essay), that kind of english is (helpless)/useless. I don't know why I can understand the content/(meanning?) of lectures and conversations, whereas I can't catch the important words (in tutorial?-what does this mean?) Could u help me? Thanks! (I know that there are a lot of mistakes in this paragraph. Do u mind helping me to correct and giving me some suggestions!)

p.s.grammar..:sb.'d like to do sth.
引用

whatever@2003-03-29 11:07

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

thread?
Why you use "thread"?

I don't know. Before someone told me I should use thread, I was using poster. I don't know why either.
引用

whatever@2003-03-29 11:50

Hey, guys, I got a wonderful Friday. It's fun. Frist, at the first period, we did the mask, we used the picture of an old guy who owned the federal reserve. We draw some things on his face, like mine, I draw a lot of make up oh his face, it's really funny.
Then, in Chemistry, we made icecream. It's really cool, even my hands were freezing when I was making it. Well, the icecream look like a crap, but it taste pretty good.
Ah... after 6 period, we got a basketball game. It's senior students vs. teachers. Well, some people said teachers always win, and some people said students always win. For last year, the senior students played really good, but the teachers play better. So last year the teachers won. The this year, the senior students suck, but the teachers are worse(especially my chorus teacher, he looked like a dizzy bear, it's sort of funny), so the students won.
And it's spring break, I am so excited. We have 9 days off. I will go to beach will my friends and cousins. But my best is not going, I will try to convince her again. Have a great day everybody.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-01 02:40

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布

posters means those advertisings that are pasted on the walls, doesn't it?

not only the things are sticked on the wall,so narrow
I think it can be paraphased more meanings.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-01 02:45

Lizard has a tutor?
Are you in college/university/high school?
The study in university may be a little bit busy, but I think it's much easier than in China.Doesn't it?
引用

«2021222324252627»共53页