『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

Lizard@2003-04-01 04:57

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
not only the things are sticked on the wall,so narrow
I think it can be paraphased more meanings.

Lizard has a tutor?
Are you in college/university/high school?
The study in university may be a little bit busy, but I think it's much easier than in China.Doesn't it?

i guess it could mean "thread",
n'ewayz..we could say it both ways..

no,i don't.
i have teachers^^im in high school.
the paragraph was not mine..it was originally written by flybaby..
引用

Lizard@2003-04-01 05:01

oh..since i've not been in university yet, i can't really answer u..
but from my elder sister's experience, i think university is much harder here than in china.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-01 05:07

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布

no,i don't.
i have teachers^^im in high school.
the paragraph was not mine..it was originally written by flybaby..

Sorry,mistake.
most of high school teachers are nice, but university's teachers are not.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-01 05:09

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
oh..since i've not been in university yet, i can't really answer u..
but from my elder sister's experience, i think university is much harder here than in china.

fine, i don't konw too.
but high school is relly easy
i always get straight A.
引用

Lizard@2003-04-01 06:07

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

fine, i don't konw too.
i always get straight A.

well~u think it's easy~?!
Calculas is hard!!@_@
引用

jingwen@2003-04-01 07:37

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布

well~u think it's easy~?!
Calculas is hard!!@_@

hey, guy, do you have study in Chinese high school or senior high?
it's much harder!!!
caculus is hard, but in n.america only learn a little bit.
引用

whatever@2003-04-01 09:45

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

fine, i don't konw too.
i always get straight A.

Well, I am in high school too. From my older cousin's experience. I think here's college study is much harder than in China. Do you go to the regular high school like other American does. If you do, and you always get straight A, then you are awesome. Because the courses I take are as hard as the courses in China, except math. I am not always get straight A, at least I can't always get A in English and Social study. SO sometime I get five A and one B, sometime I get 4 A and one B.
引用

whatever@2003-04-01 10:14

Hey, guys, I got a good day again. My cousins and I played basketball with our neighbors. There're three brothers and one little sister. The oldest brother is huge, I think he is triple of my size. And he is funny, when he played, he looked like a huge monkey. The middle one is hot. And he is the shooter too, he got most of the points. The youngest one is cool, but ah.. I always steal his ball. :D What a nice spring break. I will have a picnic with my friends on Saturday. Have fun!
引用

jingwen@2003-04-02 01:48

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Well, I am in high school too. From my older cousin's experience. I think here's college study is much harder than in China. Do you go to the regular high school like other American does. If you do, and you always get straight A, then you are awesome. Because the courses I take are as hard as the courses in China, except math. I am not always get straight A, at least I can't always get A in English and Social study. SO sometime I get five A and one B, sometime I get 4 A and one B.

What kind of courses you take?
I take AP US History and Pre-AP World History for social studies.I take 8 courses this year. All of them are AP or Pre-AP courses except English & PE. But I still can get all of them above 90. It's much easier than in China. I was in the best senior high in Anhui. Our tests were very hard, especially math and science.But here is easy. the teachers only teach you the knowledge, they never ask you to do many very hard and strange exercises.But in China we do a lot of.
引用

Lizard@2003-04-02 06:35

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

hey, guy, do you have study in Chinese high school or senior high?
it's much harder!!!
caculus is hard, but in n.america only learn a little bit.

i know the high school in china is hard. high scool students have tons of homeworks and enormous stress....@_@
I completed grade 9 in china. when i was first in canada, all the math and science subjects are fairly easy to me, caz i learned them before,and i had different kinds of contests in those subjects in china.So the level was quiet different from the ppl here.
nevertheless, im taking grade12 calculas, i didn't learn anything about it. so it's total new subject....
引用

whatever@2003-04-02 12:34

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

What kind of courses you take?
I take AP US History and Pre-AP World History for social studies.I take 8 courses this year. All of them are AP or Pre-AP courses except English & PE. But I still can get all of them above 90. It's much easier than in China. I was in the best senior high in Anhui. Our tests were very hard, especially math and science.But here is easy. the teachers only teach you the knowledge, they never ask you to do many very hard and strange exercises.But in China we do a lot of.

Well, I agree with you partially. Yes, the math and physics are really hard in China. But the social study is not, I always get above 90 for every test or exam in China, even the exam for the whole city.
If you are studying in the regular high school, and you get straight A for all the AP classes. Then buddy you are really aweful and adorable. And I guess your English is really good. And I think I will need your help in the future(I am going to take AP History next semester)
And maybe the teachers in your school are really nice, and easy for you guys. The teachers in my school are not. So, you never need to do many very hard and strange works. I just done a freaking strange project in math. You got to build a model of the nature house. You got to calculate how big is the house, how many trees do you need to cut down, what do you have in the house, what's the price for everything in the house, how much money you got to spend for total. And there're a lot of other things you got to do for the project.
And your teachers may never ask you to write a 5 pages essay in 2 days, or read a book in a week, or write a 2 pages lab report in a day, or do a freaking research papar, or bring something from a special place for the project, or record a type for competition, etc, etc. And they never accept late works.
Anyway I got to sleep, otherwise I will get blame again :( .
引用

jingwen@2003-04-03 02:49

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布

i know the high school in china is hard. high scool students have tons of homeworks and enormous stress....@_@
I completed grade 9 in china. when i was first in canada, all the math and science subjects are fairly easy to me, caz i learned them before,and i had different kinds of contests in those subjects in china.So the level was quiet different from the ppl here.
nevertheless, im taking grade12 calculas, i didn't learn anything about it. so it's total new subject....

new subjects is not a problem, I think. if you only can study the subjects which you have learned before, it cannot indicates your ability in study.
you are lucky, middle school in China is easy, and high school get much harder.It also indicates you have been n.america for a long time, four years? I only have been US almost eight months.so sometimes I feel a little bit inadequate, but that's fine.I think study in Canada is easier than in US, because you guys don not need to take SAT-an awful test.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-03 05:08

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Well, I agree with you partially. Yes, the math and physics are really hard in China. But the social study is not, I always get above 90 for every test or exam in China, even the exam for the whole city.

you are wrong, the test for the whole city in China is always the easiest test. that kind of test are soooo easy that if you cannot get a very good grade in that test, in my mother school, you will be considered as a big stupid.in contrast my mother school's own test always extremely hard especially in math and science.My mother school never care about social studies, they aren't important subjects in China.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-03 07:56

I was in a province’s emphasis senior high (I don’t know how to say that kind of schools exactly, because America doesn’t have that kind of schools) in China. According to my experience, my mother senior high’s teachers don’t ask us to do a lot of homework, but we give ourselves plenty of “homework” to do. This is the result of competition, and because our school’s tests are extremely hard. If you don’t let yourself to do a lot of exercises, you will fail the tests. Our teachers only teach you, but they ever checked too much homework. Everything is depends on your consciousness. Our teachers never ask us to study. If you don’t want to study hard, that’s fine, the teachers won’t care you. They have enough good students to make them feel proud. And every year my mother school has 99% students in science class and 98% students in liberal arts class go to college or university, so the teachers don’t need to worry about it. The teachers care about the students who are busy with sorts of competitions or going to the national competitors’ group of World Olympic Math/Physics/Chemistry/Biology Competition. I was not a good student in China. I was always in the middle-class. So I never felt very good in the school. Such as all the emphasis schools in China, my mother school very cares about math and science subjects. My mother senior high has 13 classes in one grade, and only two of them are liberal arts class, the other 11 classes are all science classes. So a student who is not good at math will never feel good in my school. I can’t say I like my mother school or not. But the study environment in my mother school is horrible. Everybody is study so hard. If you are not, you will feel very culpable. I am not good at English. I only have been U.S. for a few months. I am not bad at English when I was in China. But I can say up to now, some of my old classmates in China may better than me at grammar. American schools don’t teach students too much grammar.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-03 21:20

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

If you are studying in the regular high school, and you get straight A for all the AP classes. Then buddy you are really aweful and adorable. And I guess your English is really good. And I think I will need your help in the future(I am going to take AP History next semester)
And maybe the teachers in your school are really nice, and easy for you guys. The teachers in my school are not. So, you never need to do many very hard and strange works. I just done a freaking strange project in math. You got to build a model of the nature house. You got to calculate how big is the house, how many trees do you need to cut down, what do you have in the house, what's the price for everything in the house, how much money you got to spend for total. And there're a lot of other things you got to do for the project.
And your teachers may never ask you to write a 5 pages essay in 2 days, or read a book in a week, or write a 2 pages lab report in a day, or do a freaking research papar, or bring something from a special place for the project, or record a type for competition, etc, etc. And they never accept late works.
Anyway I got to sleep, otherwise I will get blame again :( .

I don’t think history is very hard, government & economics may hard (estimate base on my study experience in China). I’m not sure I can help you, but if I could, I would like too. I think we maybe can help each other. How long are you been N. America?
Some of my teachers are nice, but some are not. My physics teacher is used to ask us to finish a three pages lab report in one or two days. My communication application teacher has asked us to do an at least 50 pages’ project in one week. My math teacher asks us to use the graph of the functions (parabola, ellipse, circle, hyperbola, rational, polynomial, radical, exponential, logarithmic…) to make a logo, which must be able to distinguish it from other business or organizations’ logo. The graph that made up the logo must have a specific equation. …… But I think this kind of work is not very hard if you put your heart in it. They are not as hard as the exercises I am used to do before. And I think strange projects are very different from the hard exercises that we are used to do in China. These exercises are based on the knowledge. But strange projects may mostly base on life and your creativity. They are totally different. Chinese exercises can make you smarter and faster on solving problem.
In fact, when I was in China, my mother senior high’s teachers often have some requirements which just like American projects. We need to find the information on the internet, and then write a several pages’ report by ourselves. Almost everyone in my class has a computer at home. Computer is so common in China now.
I was used to be a good student in the elementary school and middle school. But when I went to high school, it got much harder than before. I no longer felt good. A girl who is not very smart is hard to make a good grade in my mother senior high’s very very BT tests. Therefore, every times I used to use the good grade in Chinese Literature, history, politics, and English to pull up my rank in the class. Fortunately, my science is not too bad. I like physics and chemistry, but I hate math. But in U.S. we don’t need to worry about this kind of things. Boys don’t have too many advantages here. If you study hard and properly, you will get the good grade you should get.
PS: aweful?? Is it awful? I don't get it.
引用

«2122232425262728»共53页