『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

jingwen@2003-07-12 23:25

I like to own books- a favor from China. I have loads of books when I was in China, mostly poems and literature novels. And the library in Houston won't allow you to borrow test prep books and text books, you only can read or practice them in the library(and I don't like to do that, it's really not convenient), you only can borrow the other books, for instance, novels, children's books, literature stuff, CD, and so on. So I have to buy books, and I also get test prep books from some of my older friends who once owned them.
引用

whatever@2003-07-13 08:51

Well, so compare to your condition, am I the lucky one. In Brevard, most the library have some books like SAT I and SAT II, FCAT, and other cool stuffs, you could even borrow comic books. Like the library near to my apartment have about 20 books are for SAT and SAT II, but you must hurry. Before June(in brevard, summer begin in the end of May), you could borrow those book really easy, but when June come, those books will lend out really really fast.
引用

whatever@2003-07-17 11:42

I am taking the driver's course online these there, it's pretty boring. But if I finish it and pass it, I could drive. That's sweet. :D :D I want to drive for a really long time. So for now i got to finish the alcohol test first. It' really boring, you have to read some stupid stuffs for 4 hours, then take the test(really easy).
引用

emb422@2003-07-17 23:52

It's been a while since I showed up. The connection is pretty messed up, it's so hard to leave a messege in Popgo these days, somehow.
Anyway, summer break is almost over, my mother filled me up with tons of stupid SAT stuff and all...
I started to take Philosophy class, it's quite interesting. Reading Plato's works is absolutely fun.
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-07-18 03:34

Reading <>these days.Indeed i've never paid attention to such stuff.So i didn't know what it related to.
But,eh,be frank with u,it's not too bad,though i don't agree with the point of view.
For me,the most approprate way is finish the current course then get a safe(maybe not possible- -!)job.That's all.
Let money work for you maybe a excllent idea.But where is the money be used to run if not a stable job support first
引用

just4u@2003-07-18 03:37

good that you make this thread ar~~ ^0^
cuz.... don't know why...
i can't read every chinese in here... some (of even half of them ) become squares......=_____=
can't read them.......

i rather use English lah~
but then...... ^ ^b when there is a bunch of english here.....
i dont' want to read either....(run~)
引用

just4u@2003-07-18 03:41

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
I like to own books- a favor from China. I have loads of books when I was in China, mostly poems and literature novels. And the library in Houston won't allow you to borrow test prep books and text books, you only can read or practice them in the library(and I don't like to do that, it's really not convenient), you only can borrow the other books, for instance, novels, children's books, literature stuff, CD, and so on. So I have to buy books, and I also get test prep books from some of my older friends who once owned them.

well... i like to own books~
things that belong to yourself will feel they are different from those just borrowing from library ma~
but then... my room is almost full with all the uncessary stuff..=__=|||

and now, most of the books i have are college text books......
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-07-18 05:43

引用
最初由 just4u 发布
i can't read every chinese in here... some (of even half of them ) become squares......=_____=
can't read them.......

Yah yah,commiserate you - -!~!
Why don't you consider configerating chinese os?
Have not?commiserate again- -~
My computer was attacked by Trojan just now.
Why do they always attempt access my machine?
I haven't anything but game&animation.
引用

jingwen@2003-07-20 00:11

引用
最初由 霸王哆啦 发布
Reading <>these days.Indeed i've never paid attention to such stuff.So i didn't know what it related to.
But,eh,be frank with u,it's not too bad,though i don't agree with the point of view.
For me,the most approprate way is finish the current course then get a safe(maybe not possible- -!)job.That's all.
Let money work for you maybe a excllent idea.But where is the money be used to run if not a stable job support first
I have read that book long time ago when I was still in China, I don't like those kinds of books. I think literature books are much better.
引用

jingwen@2003-07-20 00:12

引用
最初由 just4u 发布

well... i like to own books~
things that belong to yourself will feel they are different from those just borrowing from library ma~
but then... my room is almost full with all the uncessary stuff..=__=|||

and now, most of the books i have are college text books......
oh yeah, most of the books I have now are text books. :(
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-07-20 04:01

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
I have read that book long time ago when I was still in China, I don't like those kinds of books. I think literature books are much better.

frankly,american people enjoy such "manual"or "notebook"which can teach them do sth confusing them even if cleaning their gardon.
make money quckly of course is the best for them- -~
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-07-20 04:03

my room's filled with text books now even on my bed,the only i can have a break at present- -!
引用

whatever@2003-07-20 10:35

引用
最初由 霸王哆啦 发布

that book...well my father talked about that book a lot when I was in China, but I never read it somehow. Maybe I will read it someday. I could tell that may be a good book which deserve to read, however for now, I could prefer to read more english novel frist, after all I got to improve my reading skill.
引用

whatever@2003-07-20 10:45

引用
最初由 just4u 发布
can't read them.......

Hahaha, we got a new friend here. Nice to see ya, pal. I guess we are just the kind of people who don't like trouble. I would feel dizzy if I see any thread that had a long essay(no matter what kind of language they use), and I would never read it, except it talks about my favorite subjects. :D :D :D
引用

whatever@2003-07-20 11:06

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
oh yeah, most of the books I have now are text books. :(

Bah, so do I. And everywhere in my room is such as mess, except my bookshelf is really clean and neat. Is that amazing?
引用

«3435363738394041»共53页