『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

whatever@2003-12-18 07:24

:( :( :( :( .................... T_T ........................T_T................................. I lost my "A" in AP US history..........NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How can that happen.....................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to make a 90 to keep my A for the semaster, and I didn't make it...........................................NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't that irony?? Poeple who had a in the exam are all did well in the multiple choise part and screwed on one of the essay while I was making 23/25 for both essays and screwed on the multiple choise part.................................Maybe that's why I didn't make it. How could that happen? I lost my "A" NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(I have been whining since 2:00pm this afternoon, and I still can't get over it).
Wuwuwuwuwuwuwuwuw...............................................................

(man, this is a whining thread for me!!!)
引用

whatever@2003-12-31 13:22

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everybody!!!My winter break is always ended. Oh well, I did have a pretty good rest, at least 10 hours sleeping everyday. I try to remember more SAT words, and I have to finish "Death of a Salesman". I was expecting to finish my Group 4 project during the break, but since my group had been canceled the meeting twice, i have no idea whether we could finish it. Anyhow, I am not the group leader, I can't decide much. Hope you guys have a good break too.
引用

xliz@2003-12-31 15:53

Yeah, Happy New Year!!
引用

kaedeFox@2004-01-01 04:51

great idea
but it's ironic how we speak chinese with our friends at school, then come to a chinese forum and practise english lol
引用

banxginji@2004-01-04 01:50

Happy New Year to everyone here ^_^
引用

whatever@2004-01-12 08:59

Yesterday, my group finally get together and had a Group 4(one of the big project for IB) meeting. Since we had already gather the materials, we just needed to wait for everybody and go get seagrass. It was really fun. We went to the bank in Cocoa, and started to measure the river's depth, pH, temperature and got seagrass. In order to measure the depth of the river, we had to boat to the middle of the river, and measure it. That's our swimers' job. It's hilarious to watch they boat since they didn't know how to boat and move the canoe really awkward. Anyway, they did their job pretty well until on their way back. The wind started blowing strong, and the wave was getting bigger that more and more water was rushed into the canoe and finally sinked it. Of course, our swimmers were totally wet. Fortunatelly, we got help from a 12 grader, who live close to the place, and he brought them some clothes and towels. And thanks to him, we found the site that had seagrass. And the rest of us measure the temp. and the pH of the river.
After we done for everything, we took some pictures for memory. Although the project is sucks, but it's always nice to do it with other people and have some nice experiences.
引用

emb422@2004-01-13 12:09

Greetings everyone, it's been a while since I showed up.
First, let's just say, I had an eventful Christmas.
I went to China for a week and half, including 40 hours on 7 different planes and 2 extra nights I was forced to stay in Beijing because of flight connection...
But it was still worth a while, for I had the chance to see my old (elementary school) friends and my relatives. Unfortunately, my friends are in "the heat of studying" (lol), and could not play avec moi for much of the time.
So anyway, so far for my trip home. I came back to school and got my exam grades. I was satisfied and disappointed at the same time... first, I got the highest grade in AP Chemistry (I believe so, anyway), and got my first A ever in English exams (and it was AP Language, too!)... but, I got an 87 in US History!!!! I was MAD!!! (well, that still is the best grade in my class and the 2nd best overall) My old and nasty teacher (claimed by himself) gave curve on the essay by giving everyone full credits, which did not help me at ALL!!! Oh well, my overall is still an A so I guess I'll stop complaining about the 3 percent I did not get due to my lack of effort and my lack of careness and etc... (goes on and on, I'm still blaming my self...)
The day before yesterday was eventful, too. I participated in the regional Mu Alpha Theta (math) competition... I did horrible, and got only 9th place on Pre-Calculus. I guess it was because of my trip to China, which reduced my study time. In addition, I received my PSAT score... It was satisfying... I acomplished my goal of 214. (i got 215) To know that my score is the 99th percentile is a wonderful thing...

And what's more??? More studing and more stressful things to deal with!

Good luck to all of you, and I'll try to be "alive".
引用

emb422@2004-01-13 12:14

引用
最初由 kaedeFox 发布
great idea
but it's ironic how we speak chinese with our friends at school, then come to a chinese forum and practise english lol

The world is filled with self-contradicting paradoxes...
Life is beautiful, and ugly.
Life is wonderful, and miserable.
Life is filled with joy, and drenched with pain.
Life is full of excitement, land full of stress.
Life is a blessing, and a damnation.
Life is ...
What is life?
Life is the simple state of being alive...
I am alive, joyful or not.
I am in doubt, but I am still alive.
For that, as far as I am concerned, there is no regret.
引用

ambivalence@2004-01-15 10:33

引用
最初由 seiyafan 发布
Am I the only one see this thread as the "high school kids whining" thread? :D

I've been wondering about that as well. And since I'm in the UK, I've got no idea what all those subjects and exams are. What does AP stand for, by the way
引用

seiyafan@2004-01-15 10:41

Advanced Placement, which means placing you advance relative to students follow the normal academic progress. ;)

Geeks.

or what I call, nerdy placement.
引用

averia@2004-01-15 18:41

wow such a long thread~ kinda new to this place, and this particular thread is sort of flashy ^^ i couldn't type chinese so, well... ^^;;;;

here to earn my first bucket of $$ *smile*
引用

ambivalence@2004-01-17 06:18

so many doing AP, that means people on this board are quite clever eh? (not that I've ever doubted that...)
引用

zgundam40@2004-01-18 09:21

I just want to write something down, not really because I want to say something
:P
引用

whatever@2004-01-18 10:49

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Greetings everyone, it's been a while since I showed up.
First, let's just say, I had an eventful Christmas.
I went to China for a week and half, including 40 hours on 7 different planes and 2 extra nights I was forced to stay in Beijing because of flight connection...
But it was still worth a while, for I had the chance to see my old (elementary school) friends and my relatives. Unfortunately, my friends are in "the heat of studying" (lol), and could not play avec moi for much of the time.
So anyway, so far for my trip home. I came back to school and got my exam grades. I was satisfied and disappointed at the same time... first, I got the highest grade in AP Chemistry (I believe so, anyway), and got my first A ever in English exams (and it was AP Language, too!)... but, I got an 87 in US History!!!! I was MAD!!! (well, that still is the best grade in my class and the 2nd best overall) My old and nasty teacher (claimed by himself) gave curve on the essay by giving everyone full credits, which did not help me at ALL!!! Oh well, my overall is still an A so I guess I'll stop complaining about the 3 percent I did not get due to my lack of effort and my lack of careness and etc... (goes on and on, I'm still blaming my self...)
The day before yesterday was eventful, too. I participated in the regional Mu Alpha Theta (math) competition... I did horrible, and got only 9th place on Pre-Calculus. I guess it was because of my trip to China, which reduced my study time. In addition, I received my PSAT score... It was satisfying... I acomplished my goal of 214. (i got 215) To know that my score is the 99th percentile is a wonderful thing...

And what's more??? More studing and more stressful things to deal with!

Good luck to all of you, and I'll try to be "alive".

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Jes. man, you are so awesome. 215 for the PSAT??? The total is only 240, which mean you got 7x for each one. Jes. And you got the highest score in the AP Chem. the 2nd place for AP History and you are still complaining??? Man, there're just too much whiner in the world (well I guess I am one of them too, lol ).
And how come you had the regional Mu Alpha Theta competition and I didn't even hear anything about it?? Hmm, I may go ask my teacher on Tuesday. Well, probably different county hold the competition on different time. Gosh, compare to your grade and PSAT score, I have a long long way to catch up (maybe get closer would be more properly).
引用

whatever@2004-01-18 11:29

引用
最初由 emb422 发布

The world is filled with self-contradicting paradoxes...
Life is beautiful, and ugly.
Life is wonderful, and miserable.
Life is filled with joy, and drenched with pain.
Life is full of excitement, land full of stress.
Life is a blessing, and a damnation.
Life is ...
What is life?
Life is the simple state of being alive...
I am alive, joyful or not.
I am in doubt, but I am still alive.
For that, as far as I am concerned, there is no regret.

wow, what a good poem!! Did you write that emb422???

Well, it have been a really busy today for me today. I went to do the beach clean up as usual at 8:00. Usually I could finish the clean up for 2-3 blocks in 1 hour (man! why there're so much trash?), however seem like there's a party going on last night on the beach, so...... there're ton of silly strings, fire crekers, glasses of bear on the beach, whole lot of other craps. It took me and my two other frends so long to clean them. But I always enjoy doing beach clean up, through the trashes you pich up, you could tell what people do on the beach, what happen on there, and what kinds of people had been there. The most important thing is it's not a easy job to clean up the beach, so don't throw the trash on the floor, they belong to the trash can, and if they could be recycled, they belong to the recycle box.
After that, I started to arrange my schedule due to some changing (and it just freak me out for a second). Because I can't handle that much things, I reluctantly give up the Group 4 meeting( Group 4 is biggest science project for IB)due to I didn't get a ride and I had made an appointment to a piano tuner 3 weeks ago and it can't be changed. So, instead of having a meeting, I did research until the piano tuner came to tuner my piano. That's guy is pretty talented, he no only tuned piano, but only fixed some problems of the piano for me. There's more fun to play my piano now!! It's finally in tune.
Jes, just give me a break, I didn't even finish my lunch and I had to rush to the John Kennedy Middle School for the regional Science Olympia competition (well, actually I don't have to go since my events are only for state, but there're enough people for "C" team, which is the high school team, so even you are not in that event, our conductor have to stick u somewhere). However, it's such a wretch for me, I was 2 minutes late for the last two events, so our conductor just stuck other people in. Oh well, when I got there, I found out there're only two "C" competition, so event u just stand there and do nothing, u will still get the second place (that's totally ridiculer, but that won't happen on the state competition anyway). Oh well, even without me and my cousin, my school still did great, and we got the 1st place for the "C" team (man, there're only two "C" team, if we didn't get first place, it would be such a shame), and 2nd place for the "B" team.
The State competition is on March 6, there will be 60 high school competiting. Hey emb422, are you going to participate the Science Olympia competition?? If yes, I may be able to see you. Well, it won't be easy to win in the State, but anyhow, I will try my best. I will have a busy weekend again. And have a nice day everybody!
引用

«4546474849505152»共53页