『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

emb422@2004-04-06 07:55

Praised be the one who has given all; praised be the one who has taken away all.
Praised is he who creates; praised is he who dooms.
Praised is he who has given us hope; praised is he who has caused us despair.
Praised is he who has blessed all; praised is he who has cursed all.
引用

whatever@2004-04-24 10:53

Thursday, April 22, 2004

Hey, I won! I won the election! I finally captured the SGA Treasurer position. Every candidate started campaign on Monday; lot of them made some cool posters, cool stickers, fancy signs, and even T-shirt. One of the candidates for SGA President Sam even spent more than $ 600 for his campaign. Although spending $600 for high election was kind of crazy to lot of people, he did got a tough opponent—Garrett, a basketball player, since we were the state champions; he was also a hero. And actually it’s hard for us to vote too. Both of them were smart, however one was willing to do the stuffs, but not willing to listen; and another one was willing to listen, but get so involve in basketball. Despite of I don’t like either one, but I felt bad for Sam since being SGA President was his high school dream, and even though he spent so much money, still can’t beat the popularity of Garrett.
Forget about those guys. Actually I got a tough opponent too. She was a cheerleader, which mean she knew a lot of non-IB students. I did try to have some good campaigns, such as promise a better Homecoming Dance, some good fundraising plans etc, but nothing I said could actually beat her cheerleading status. Two of my cousin even said I was going to lose. I would never willing to give up before I try. So, if I wanted to win, I had to use some strategies, which I absolutely hate. First thing I do was using the Faculty power. I sure didn’t have as much friends as she did, whereas many teachers were my friends. Some of them allow me to post my signs on their door or inside their classrooms; some of them kind of introduce me to their kids; and some of them even willing to wear stickers for me (I really need to say thank you to all of them). Second thing was using the IB power. Although 1/3 of the whole school is IB students, however, 99% of them were going to vote. This was a great advantage to me since my opponent wasn’t an IB student. I asked two candidates of 11th grade President to pull some IB votes from the 10 graders. Well, I was really lucky that both of them were really popular in 10 grade, plus one of my cousins was in 10 grade also, they pulled lot of vote for me. Third, it was the most things that I hated—sent out candies and stickers. However, it was the best way to propagandize and get vote, because lot of people just voted for the candies. And I even gave candies and stickers to those that I didn’t know. And I found that worked very well indeed. Forth one was a pretty important one, since I had a class with lot of 9 grade IB students and I got lot of supporters from chorus also. Last was a big part, and I really need to thank Jeremy, he made the best poster ever. It was really creative, and really nice. He also made some cool stickers for me. People just remembered my name by seeing those stickers and poster. And I also got lucky. One of the candidates for Senior Class President got some conflict with her, hence, all the votes from his supporters went to me. So, I won.
Am I happy? Yeah, but not quite also. One of my friends Ana was running for our class Secretary, and she was really nice, and intelligent. However, she got a tough opponent too, a yearbook editor Jade. And guess what that editor did? She brought all the good candies and chocolates and give each person whole bunch of them, and tell them, “vote for me”. Although Ana got all the IB votes, however the non-IB votes were twice as many as the IB votes. Maybe she was too nice to run against other IB student; if she takes my spot or another IB student’s spot, and run for the SGA or the Senior Class Treasurer, she probably would had won.
The most significant meaning of the election to me is a lesson of how to deal with different group of people. I think there’re some factors that led me to the victory: 1) Don’t run against the people is smarter and more popular than me, and don’t run against the people is as smart or as populate as me, either. 2) Be friend to the teachers always. 3) Make friends with different grade of people. 4) Don’t have to be popular, but make sure have no enemy. 5) Give people candies and stickers could pull lot of votes from the people don’t know you. 6) Fancy posters and stickers are important. 7) Be smart but don’t be arrogant. 8) Put more effort than your opponents did during the campaign days.
引用

Lizard@2004-04-24 12:14

wut is SGA anyway?
congrats
引用

seiyafan@2004-04-24 12:54

Student Governing Association
引用

Lizard@2004-04-24 13:25

student council?
引用

whatever@2004-05-09 02:11

Friday, April. 30, 2004
It's Friday, and it's also a day before the chorus state competition. So, of course that we just pretty much stay in the chorus room and practice for most of the day. However, I don't konw how those teachers knew that we could have a long break while the soloists were practicing. Without any doubt, I was forced to take two tests, and turn in all my homeworks (which pretty much I didn't do) before I leave school. Oh well, it's indeed better to take the test while you still remember the stuffs.
As time pass, we were ready to leave. Since this time we were too poor to take a bus, most of the students were either driving there, or getting a ride from somebody. My cousins and I was really really lucky. We were probably riding on the most comfortable car overall. Altough I punished myself for setting in the front sit so I can't watch the movie, I did get a very good sleep.
When we got to our hotel, I was kind of surprised. This year was so much poor than last year, but the hotel was much much better than last year, though in the beginning we all got some trouble for finding our room. After everything it's set, we all went to Long House Restaurant ( I think that's the name) to have dinner. Something special about that restaurant is you could have a peanut fight, I should say, peanut shell fight. Of course, we were stopped by our teacher, since everybody threw peanut shell to him, but it's fun before we actually have dinner. The food was actually pretty good, and it's always nice to hang out with such big group of friends.
After the dinner is the most fun part. We had a pool party. Too bad that I didn't bring an extra pairs of pant for changing, otherwise, I will just jump in the pool with my clothes on. Well, all the people did have fun, those who can't go into the pool just had a weird dance with no music around the pool. And after the pool party, we all went to Ana's room and watch the Lord of The Ring. I heard that she got the DVD from China, she said it's really really cheat, it's like 50 cents. Man! Maybe I ask my cousin in China to get me one too.
Too bad we cant' finish the movie before the curfew, but we all had to sing tomorrow, it's necessary to have a good night of sleep. I thought Christina and me was the luckiest one, since for some reason, we only get two people in our room, so we could have two separated bed. Unfortunately, our stupid teacher called us at 12 in the morning while we were sleeping, he told us that there's a stupid and her parant was coming, and they will be in our room. Darn! So we got up and arrange everything, and we can't sleep again until 1 in the moring.
Well, no wonder, we all tired in the next day.
引用

whatever@2004-05-09 02:38

Saturday, May.1, 2004
Today was the chorus state competition. We got to UNF around 9:30, and waiting for the soloists to finish their proforming. And our teacher wanted us to get in the groups and find a rehearsal room to warm up our sound. It was a surprise that we actually sound pretty good even it's in early morning. The only complain maybe was the rehearsal rooms were way too hot.
When we all feel ready, our teacher brought us to the common and had a short rehearsal before we actually sing.
Well, when we all got into the odeum, and listen to other group perform, some of us were starting to fall a sleep. One thing I was sure was the performing group wasn't bad, just maybe some of us didn't get a good night of sleep. Of course, I was one of them. And when it's our concert quire's performing time, we didn't seem ready. And with no doubt, we didn't perform as best as we can. Worse, some girls got to go to bathroom really bad after the performing, and they were too slow, hence they can't come back to their sit before the next quire got on the stage.
So.......the judges were start complaining. They said we were misbehaving, but for some reason they didn't disqualify us. Well, of couse, we were going to sing again. And since they complained to us, we had to be unquestionable good. Next quire was the chamber quire, which was my class, and our school's best quire. Just like what our teacher want us to do, from the first word we sing, we were unquestionable good. When we finsihed, the applause was just like thunder, and our teacher had a biggest smile ever on his face. However, every unfortunately, one of the judge still got mad for some reason, hence he took points off, which it's worse than disqualify us, because he not only disqualify our effort, but also it's very inappropriate, he should just disqualify our group instead of our effort.
But our women's group was never disappointing our teacher or ourselves. Just like year, we sang the best we can, and we sang very very musical. And just like what we got last year, straight superior for our women's group.
After the big groups were the small groups. Our barbershop had the most talented, the funiest, the most enjoyable performing ever. Althogh most of us heard the songs they sang about thousand times, but we never feel tired to hear it again. When they finished, all the judge said was, "very good, I have nother to say, very very good." Maybe our small groups were very good, the mixed madrigal, and the women madrigal (the small group I was in), also got superior.
Overall, we sang better than last year, but due to our misbahaves, our overall score was same as last year. But we never feel bad everytime we listen to our performing CD, it's so great.
引用

whatever@2004-10-10 10:30

Saturday, Oct.9, 2004

Man, I finially finishing taking my SAT. How do I feel about it, not bad, but not good either. My brain is kind of retarded in the morning, it didn't function right until I screwed my first verbal section. Luckily, it got back to normal when I started to do my math section. Hopefully, I could get a good score, otherwise, I have to take that again.

ps: it thread had almost been drawn by the new threads
引用

Lizard@2004-10-10 14:59

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

ps: it thread had almost been drawn by the new threads

sure it is when missing itz author =P
good luck
引用

whatever@2004-12-06 13:22

Dec. 5, 2004 My confession

It had been a long time since last time I wrote something here. I don't know what I am doing for the last two months. I felt like my life was disordered, unorganized. It was the first time, at least the first time that I notice that I fell to do my job, and I lost the trust from the poeple I respect a lot, and the frist time that I cried only for meself.

My miserable day began when I woke up in the morning. I found out that the only Petri dish I had left for the experiment have something growing inside. What am I going to do now, the testing is today? Despite that I had tried to call everyone that in my group, no call actually answer their phone. While I was freaking out, I decided to just use it no matter what, and I will take extra sample just incase. After getting ready for the testing equitment, I biked 20 mintues to the testing site, and start to test the water. Maybe because I didn't work out in the sun for a long time, I felt exhausted after 45 minutes of biking and 30 minutes of testing the water. Just like many other normal people would do, after I sent my water sample to the hospital, I took a nap. And then, the worse thing in my life so far began. It's my biggest mistake ever that I forgot to set the alarm clock before I took a nap.
When I woke up and see the time, I was doomed. I am the treasure of SGA, we had planed to buy the gift for the homeless people today at Wal-Mart 5:30. Is that irony that Wal-Mart is only 2 mintues away from my house? But when I got there, other SGA officers had left, because I wasn't there. Because I wasn't there, and I had the money. I had wasted then 2 hours and some gas money. But that wasn't important, the issue was dependability. I had lose their trust, and I fell to do my job. Maybe in China, if you fell to do your job, you will just get blame from your boss, your parents or whatever. But here is America, no one is going to blame you beside you lost your job and their trust. How can I ever facing the teachers and people that love me in school? The first thing they said to me when they heard that I became the treasure of SGA was "congratulation, the money is in a good hand now." What are they going to feel when they hear that I fell my job.
I need to do something to change the insuation now, at least my life right now. My dad always say that he never expect me to do something big, just do well for the every bit of thing everyday. God, if you are exist, please forgive me once, and give me another chance.
引用

Ammy@2004-12-12 01:12

I guess you can gain back their trust by doing other things. Things like these happen. Accidents happen. But I don't think it is the end of the world either.
引用

iou1985@2004-12-13 10:56

This thread seems so funny.

This is the first time I speak English here. LOL

However, I don't know what to say.....lol
引用

whatever@2005-04-03 11:07

Aprail 02, 2005

Today is a very sad day, a very very sad day. My friend Emily, my chemistry boddy and her boyfriend died in a car accident. My feeling right now is unutterable. It's the first time ever that I lost a good friend. I was shocked when I first heard it, and I thought whoever told me the new was joking, and I thought, "oh ok, someone died today, it sounds like something that happens everyday." But when I sat down and start to think, an extremely sad feeling burst out from my heart, and when I realized it, I feel something wet had already fell on my face. It just seems so unreal, someone who sit next to me for three class every day is gone? Someone who already freakout with me whenever we have a lab due or a chemistry test coming is gone? There're only two days left before the spring break end, I am not going to see her anymore? Everytime I think about that, my tear just come out from my eyes.
I had pick up my cell phone and called her again and again, I was hoping maybe she will pick it up and answer it. I just can not believe, and none of her friends can. Today, I went to her memorial service in the Faith Fellowingship Church, I saw lot of people I know and I don't know there. Almost everyone was crying. Emily and I had a joke, she told me whenever I want to go to church, she will take me there. And I told her that whenever I get lose, I will call her and ask her to take me to the church. Right now, I am in church, she have brought me there..............in a very different way, the way that I wish never to take. I try to not cry in front of everybody cuz that's what I do, but I found out that even I want to cry, all my tear have been drawn out before.
At the church, my another friend Bill told everybody the true story. He was one of the people went to the accident place right after it happened. I was very angry at him before cuz I heard he and his friend Will (the one Emily was riding with) were racing. But I appologized after I found out the truth. What exactly happen was, when Will tried to change line, a car went 80 miles/hour T-bone Will's car on the passenger side where Emily was sitting. When Bill and other people in his car went to the accident place, they already knew that Emily was gone, and Will was almost death. They actually handle the whole situation very well, and it's very ironic that their parents freak out and the kids were those took care everything except for telling Emily's parents about what happen.
I don't know what is going to happen on Monday, but what chill it will be when I go to those classes that I have will Emily, especially Chemistry. That class originally has only 12 students, right now, it's less than unimagable. What a day! I heard enough car accident this month, I just hope that everybody will drive safe.
引用

Lizard@2005-04-03 12:04

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
Aprail 02, 2005

Today is a very sad day, a very very sad day. My friend Emily, my chemistry boddy and her boyfriend died in a car accident. My feeling right now is unutterable. It's the first time ever that I lost a good friend. I was shocked when I first heard it, and I thought whoever told me the new was joking, and I thought, "oh ok, someone died today, it sounds like something that happens everyday." But when I sat down and start to think, an extremely sad feeling burst out from my heart, and when I realized it, I feel something wet had already fell on my face. It just seems so unreal, someone who sit next to me for three class every day is gone? Someone who already freakout with me whenever we have a lab due or a chemistry test coming is gone? There're only two days left before the spring break end, I am not going to see her anymore? Everytime I think about that, my tear just come out from my eyes.
I had pick up my cell phone and called her again and again, I was hoping maybe she will pick it up and answer it. I just can not believe, and none of her friends can. Today, I went to her memorial service in the Faith Fellowingship Church, I saw lot of people I know and I don't know there. Almost everyone was crying. Emily and I had a joke, she told me whenever I want to go to church, she will take me there. And I told her that whenever I get lose, I will call her and ask her to take me to the church. Right now, I am in church, she have brought me there..............in a very different way, the way that I wish never to take. I try to not cry in front of everybody cuz that's what I do, but I found out that even I want to cry, all my tear have been drawn out before.
At the church, my another friend Bill told everybody the true story. He was one of the people went to the accident place right after it happened. I was very angry at him before cuz I heard he and his friend Will (the one Emily was riding with) were racing. But I appologized after I found out the truth. What exactly happen was, when Will tried to change line, a car went 80 miles/hour T-bone Will's car on the passenger side where Emily was sitting. When Bill and other people in his car went to the accident place, they already knew that Emily was gone, and Will was almost death. They actually handle the whole situation very well, and it's very ironic that their parents freak out and the kids were those took care everything except for telling Emily's parents about what happen.
I don't know what is going to happen on Monday, but what chill it will be when I go to those classes that I have will Emily, especially Chemistry. That class originally has only 12 students, right now, it's less than unimagable. What a day! I heard enough car accident this month, I just hope that everybody will drive safe.
im very sorry to hear that...death is the only thing i always try to avoid thinking about.
i had just lost my grandpa. i know what exactly you feel. he is forever gone \physically\. i can never talk to him or see him anymore...
引用

seiyafan@2005-04-03 13:15

My condolence....

So sad.
引用

«484950515253»共53页