『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

Voliary@2005-04-07 10:00

I'm sorry to hear that, someone from my school had also died from an auto accident. This just shows how important it is to drive safe and wear seatbelts at all times.

In driver's Ed they also repeatedly told us to drive defensively, and put on the seatbelt as if it's second nature.
引用

Re: An English thread, hope everybody enjoy it

zenz@2005-05-05 08:48

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
I suggest , in this paster( just this one), let's talk in English ,don't tall Chinese. Well, maybe that's a little bit unfair, but I think, not all the people in here are good in English , some of us are still suck. So, we gotta practice and pratice. Well you may care about the gramma or the spelling, here is what my English and my French teacher said to me, "you don't need to care about gramma, you just practice, practice practice. Language is like music, the more you practice, the more you improve. Do you care about the gramma when you're a baby and you were learning how to talk?"

So, forget about the gramma, just talk whatever you want. And we also could share our school lives here, or you would write your diary here(just like me), you could complain here, and it's cool to keep writing something in English, that actually could improve your writing a lot.

Even you did make some mistake here and there, but you got the courage to speak it out loud. I support your motive because we all learn from mistake. This is how i got to start speaking and writing in German too whereby the grammar is much more strigent compared to English as far as i am concerned. Bravo!
引用

emb422@2005-05-05 12:28

It has been a while since I last posted on this thread, or anywhere in the forum.

To those of you who are in despair: have hope.
To those of you who are in fear: have courage.
To those of you who are in doubt, who are lost, who are clouded by the burden of life, its decisions and indecisions, its turbulence, its forlorness, its absurdity: have faith in yourself, and, if your heart spares some charity, have faith in humanity.
引用

miraya@2005-05-07 10:16

emb422, that's really wonderful sayings...
very beautiful languages as well... applauding...
mind my asking about ur major? +_=
引用

emb422@2005-05-07 15:07

Actually, I am not yet a college student, at least, for another 3 months or so. However, upon entering college, I am thinking about concentrating, or majoring in Economics, perhaps in a joint program with either History or Government.

And.. yes... it's quite rare that you will hear such optimistic remarks from me...
引用

miraya@2005-05-07 16:01

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Actually, I am not yet a college student, at least, for another 3 months or so. However, upon entering college, I am thinking about concentrating, or majoring in Economics, perhaps in a joint program with either History or Government.

And.. yes... it's quite rare that you will hear such optimistic remarks from me...

Really? I don't know that. In fact, I like your motto too...
About the major, I am majoring in international economics and trade, and I think it is a good choice to study economics, and you will not regret it even if you find it's not so interesting...+_=
引用

emb422@2005-05-08 12:01

Concerning economics, I don't find it "not interesting". In fact, I like what it so far, from the material I've already learned (AP Macro& Microeconomics).

I still like history the best, especially European history from antiquity to 1918. But I am afriad I cannot concentrate just in history, for it really does not provide that many career opportunities without the worries of financial security... I think I haven't lose my reason yet, or perhaps it's only my ignorance, that led me to the "practical" path. I hope that whatever I will do under the name of pragmatism will not devoid the values behind learning...
引用

kagawa@2005-05-31 00:48

what can you do with a economics degree?
引用

whatever@2005-11-09 04:15

How is college for everybody?? It's so much funs and pains for me. I love it and hate it at the same time. Everyday is new and rich, never feel boring, though I was dying with my tests, and papers.
引用

Lizard@2005-11-09 11:34

same here buddy
but i like my 2nd year much better than frosh year
引用

whatever@2005-11-10 09:51

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
same here buddy
but i like my 2nd year much better than frosh year

Of course, first year, you live on campus, meeting so much new people, and most of people are nice. 2nd year, you live off campus, you are kinda far away from your friends, and stuff like that. first year of everything is always the best.
引用

Lizard@2005-11-11 23:02

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Of course, first year, you live on campus, meeting so much new people, and most of people are nice. 2nd year, you live off campus, you are kinda far away from your friends, and stuff like that. first year of everything is always the best.
:eek: I think u misunderstood my sentences:o
I lub my 2nd year <3
引用

emb422@2005-11-18 14:55

Is this topic being revived? I haven't seen this for half a year now.

Anyway; for all purposes life goes well. College is busy, tough, loaded with endless work, but nonetheless enjoyable: there are just so many things one can do here.

So here's some updates:
Concerning the Way:

(obviously nothing can be said about it, or else it won't be eternal)

Concerning the Mean:
To balance between despair and hope is indeed tough; there's still too much attachment to the illusions. Indeed, when facing quite endless amount of work it's easier to confront excess with another form of excess, in the form of indulging ephemeral pleasure (playing mafia all night, then eat breakfast at 9:00 AM before going to sleep), rather than engaging in activity that cultivates the higher part of the soul.

Concerning Happiness:
"Happiness", as Aristotle says, ought to be an end onto itself and a continual process rather than an instantaneous moment of pleasure. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, I wouldn't be considered happy 'til the moment of death. However, I surely feel content--quite fulfilled--here: I'm learning things, making new friends, and attending different activities. If my life were to end now, I'd be glad to say that despite all the mishaps and the sufferings, life is happy.

also...
引用
最初由 kagawa 发布
what can you do with a economics degree?

Apparently a good deal of students here graduate with that particular thing and become a drone to the system: they join the i-banking or consulting club, work 16 hours a day, make 1-3 million USD in 8 years or so... but, by the end of the 8-10 years, they are completely drained...
引用

devilgary@2005-11-20 06:02

many converstions like in the battle!!!
引用

MasterChoi@2005-11-21 08:48

o man... I am so worried about my future... I want a job but then I always can't get things that I want..
引用

«4950515253»共53页