『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

myrion@2002-11-06 09:53

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
I don't know snare drum or jazz drum , but I am a piano player.But since I came to America, I haven't enough money to buy a piano and go on studying.So, now I am a self-taughter, anyhow, I can play on school's piano, and sometime I can play for my chorus.

haha~i also have learned piano since a child:):)
actually my coach asked me join the band at that time because of my piano skills. he thought a music player should learn any kind of instruments easily as a matter of course, and in fact it is. i also have no money to buy a new one here, but still spend $400 buying a keyboard to use. i think it's enough. anyway, wish u advance ur practice:):)
引用

Arael@2002-11-06 10:51

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
Well, whatever, just fine, because I just hope other body joy it, so, that still a suggestion.

That's a grammar mistake :P
you can't use 'joy' this way....
'Joy' is a noun. You should use 'enjoy' instead.
I'm not trying to change the meaning of your title....

Also, 'other people' instead of 'other body'. 'Body' sometimes means 'dead person'....
引用

Arael@2002-11-06 10:58

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

haha~i also have learned piano since a child:):)
actually my coach asked me join the band at that time because of my piano skills. he thought a music player should learn any kind of instruments easily as a matter of course, and in fact it is. i also have no money to buy a new one here, but still spend $400 buying a keyboard to use. i think it's enough. anyway, wish u advance ur practice:):)

I'm really bad at music...
I did learn piano for 2-3 years when I was in primary 6 to secondary 1 or 2... I gave up after passing the grade 3 exam :P
I still remember that there were some 'pratice books' called hanon(?) beyer(?), something like that..
引用

myrion@2002-11-06 12:12

引用
最初由 Arael 发布
I still remember that there were some 'pratice books' called hanon(?) beyer(?), something like that..

i think u mean Harnon and Bayer:):)
these 2 r the guide books for children to practice.
引用

Arael@2002-11-06 12:17

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

i think u mean Harnon and Bayer:):)
these 2 r the guide books for children to practice.

hahaha, both are very boring! :P
I think it gets interesting when you're able to play some complicated scores(?).
But those 'finger exercises' are so tiring... :P
引用

myrion@2002-11-06 13:15

引用
最初由 Arael 发布
But those 'finger exercises' are so tiring... :P

haha~~so finally i give up my piano to play drums : D : D

playing piano makes me sensitive to feel the music and easy to learn other instruments. of course, it's also difficult to start practicing the drums. beating my fingers becomes routine:~~but i really love the feeling on the stage, i love applause. now i can play many kinds of percussion, such as snare drums, bass drums, glockenspiel, even jazz drums.etc..it's all my efforts:):)
引用

whatever@2002-11-07 07:54

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
whatever , which grade r u in ?
u seem to participate well in ur community, thatz great for u~`

I just a 10 grader. This year is much better than when I was 9 grade. Since I joined in chorus, I found my happy place. Everybody in chorus treat me well, however, they like me, not because I am a piano player.That's because I look small and cute. But something look small and cute is not a good nothing, that'll every easy to become a toy.=_=#:mad:(But in my memory what day I am not a toy=_=b###########:mad: )
引用

whatever@2002-11-07 08:00

引用
最初由 Arael 发布

That's a grammar mistake :P
you can't use 'joy' this way....
'Joy' is a noun. You should use 'enjoy' instead.
I'm not trying to change the meaning of your title....

Also, 'other people' instead of 'other body'. 'Body' sometimes means 'dead person'....

dead person? haha, look like I also want the dead person join my thread huh :D . And actually I was not want to " joy" , but " join", maybe just I typed too fast, that typed wrong. Anyway, thank you very much.:)
引用

Lizard@2002-11-09 05:24

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

I just a 10 grader. This year is much better than when I was 9 grade. Since I joined in chorus, I found my happy place. Everybody in chorus treat me well, however, they like me, not because I am a piano player.That's because I look small and cute. But something look small and cute is not a good nothing, that'll every easy to become a toy.=_=#:mad:(But in my memory what day I am not a toy=_=b###########:mad: )

^u^ grade 10 is much batta dan grade11~``dunt waste it`hoho~`

btw.,we dunt say 10 grader, rite..?
think in english way when u r talking/writing in english--diz da advice my first esl teacher gave me..itz really true`~.
when i review my earlier essays, i cant help laughing, many sentences were translated directly from Chinese..ha~
引用

whatever@2002-11-09 10:02

you know what, my wrighting is suck, because I was thinking in English when I was writing, I don't know too much words, so I always get a problem. While I came to America, my uncle told me that I must think in English when I am talking or writing.Of course, sometime I still can't think in English.
引用

whatever@2002-11-09 11:58

There're something I want to share with everybody, my experience of Nov.6. There're so much things happen in that day.
First, I got bad morning, I did pretty bad in my American Governmen test.I got a C. The worse things is I got a 87 of my math test(Algebra II, usually I often got 99,98,100,102,105 whatever), and I can't image I will drop from No.1 of all 6 periods to what place.
Well, forget about the test, everybody do know Monday is Veterans' day, right? So that, we have a meeting in the gym. And my school invited many veterans from different militory service. The chorus was singing for them and the band was playing different militory music for them. And I can see the pride on their faces. Especially when the national anthem was playing. And so did other Americans. I could feel almost all of them feel proud when the national anthem was playing. But all I feel about the American national anthem is a pretty song. And that's all I feel. If somebody ask me do you feel proud to be an American. Well, of course, I'd like to say, I feel proud to be a Chinese more than to be an American, but I afraid they might feel weird of my answer, and feel werid about me, because they think I love America more than China. So when I heard the American national anthem, I always ask myself, " do I belong to America?"
The most unforgettable thing was happpen in my chorus period. (There's something A-certificate, don't beat me) Becaue the our teacher was going to sing for the veterans, but we were not, so we had a free day. At first I was reviewing the Chemistry(because the test was on my 5 period), and other ladies was talking in different group. However, in the middle of the class, one of the 9 grader was asking everybody a question, than many ladies was joining in and acting weird. At first I didn't interested in it, and I didn't know what they're talking about,because I still reviewed me Chemistry. But soon, I finished, and some ladies was talking in the room also came out. Then that 9 grader asked that question again. This time I knew what they're talking about, it reallly surprised me, it's about the sex. I don't remember the question exactly, it's kind like "if you and your BF/GF is readying for making sex in the bed, and you and your BF/GF both don't care about who is going to do the first move, are you going to do the first move or wait for your BG/GF to do the first move." Gosh, they're ladies(actually just girls), in China, I just heard the boys or the men talking about making sex, and even in America, I just heard the boys talking about making sex before. That's really surprised me, and fortunately they didn't ask me to answer, maybe because I look small, look cute, look like a kid, and I'm their toy, anyway, thanks god they didn't ask me this time.
Anyhow, that's not a good day.
引用

Arael@2002-11-09 13:30

haha, interesting stories :)
I didn't go to high school in US though.... maybe you'll get used to it soon :)
引用

Arael@2002-11-09 13:34

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

dead person? haha, look like I also want the dead person join my thread huh :D . And actually I was not want to " joy" , but " join", maybe just I typed too fast, that typed wrong. Anyway, thank you very much.:)

Well, thanks for changing the title :)
'everybody' means 'people'....
But 'body' itself can mean 'dead person', somtimes :)
引用

Arael@2002-11-09 13:36

引用
最初由 whatever 发布
you know what, my wrighting is suck, because I was thinking in English when I was writing, I don't know too much words, so I always get a problem. While I came to America, my uncle told me that I must think in English when I am talking or writing.Of course, sometime I still can't think in English.

actually, you might want to type slower and be more careful....
I hope you don't write like this in your English tests? :P
You're still in high school... I'm quite sure your English can improve a lot before you start college.
Someday you'll have dreams in English too :)
引用

Lizard@2002-11-09 19:23

hahaa~`yea~`really interesting story`
although im in high school,too, i havnt heard anyone around me asked those kinds of question.>v<~`
dont feel sad or something, because there is nothing to do with anyone of us. it just different values between asian and american`~
引用

«345678910»共53页