『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>想认真学习英语了, ..

jsan@2003-12-11 00:22

Start with short TV shows. If you start with long programs you are only going to get a headache. Also why don't you start posting here in English.
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-12-11 01:19

那就从练习用的磁带开始...
背单词吧,没有词汇量什么都是假的。
引用

JanusWang@2003-12-11 01:44

阿多啦,我同意呀。看着满眼蚂蚁爬出来的G单词我那个痛苦呀。可是痛苦归痛苦,真的发现自己认识很多新单词。
引用

kakashi@2003-12-11 01:51

hmm...i think i have the same problem. Not me don't like to read, just some time there are too many vocabularies in a story, I will lose interest to keep reading...
vocab. vocab...is there an easy way to memorize them?
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-12-11 02:11

起初开始我几乎是捧着词典看报纸,生词见一个查一个,方法固然变态,小过道也还可以。
引用

sunny_rain@2003-12-11 12:08

I *hated* English when I moved to Canada, and I've no idea what anyone around me is saying...
But living there forced me to learn English, and eventually I get into reading English books, and this really helped
引用

seiyafan@2003-12-11 12:21

Here's some stages of learning that I experienced in the past years:

1. very early stage, need to use dictionary constantly, have trouble with p.t and p.p of verbs, long sentences are hard to comprehend.

2. know all the common forms of verbs, can use various 时态 in paragraphs w/o actually understanding them.

3. Getting comfortable using english-english dictionary, a few times unknown words can be guessed according to its context, or skipped without any impact on the understand of the article.

4. Can read New York Times, Newsweek, Fortune....etc w/o the need of dictionary and still can grasp the idea the author is trying to convey.

5. Fall asleep during TOFEL listening test, woke up, panicked a little, started filling the answers using intuition, *whew*, laughed a little (请看我的头像,注:嘴没有那么大), that's life.
引用

aaabbbccc@2003-12-11 12:47

引用
最初由 霸王哆啦 发布
那就从练习用的磁带开始...
背单词吧,没有词汇量什么都是假的。

big vocabulary only good for exam. i dont know too much word and had never try to memorize them(i hate those thing need memorize explicitly), but i dont find any problem when talk to ppl and read/write things. same as chinese, mostly used word only several k.
from some of papers last time i read, natural language is context rich and context is more important than grammar and exact meaning of word, in the role of human communication.
引用

xliz@2003-12-11 14:04

引用
5. Fall asleep during TOFEL listening test, woke up, panicked a little, started filling the answers using intuition, *whew*, laughed a little, that's life.

That's interesting, i wonder how many ppl can do that in TOFEL by just using intuition~~~

my method to learn vocab is, when i say something in Chinese, i'll try to translate it into English, of course i will meet some words that i don't know in English, then i just use a Chinese-English dictionary to figure it out... so all the words i look up will be the ones i might use in daily life...
引用

虎斑猫@2003-12-11 22:51

搂主蛮可怜的,我告诉你一些关于我的日本同学学英文的方法吧,他们和本国人在一起都说英文,当然,要有胆量,厚脸皮,做好被人骂臭屁的准备。
中国人学语言是最有天赋的,所以我们要有自信,因为中文的发音比英文复杂很多,其他国家的人学中文需要很长时间才能学好,但是中国人可以在短时间内模仿各种发音。
引用

Harmatia@2003-12-11 23:41

引用
最初由 虎斑猫 发布
中国人学语言是最有天赋的,所以我们要有自信,

I wonder where are you getting that from. -_-
引用

霸王哆啦@2003-12-11 23:46

汉语文中的发音相当多而且杂,所以英文的发音对中国人来说模仿不是问题,我猜虎斑是这个意思,再看日本人就有趣多,韩国人也是,经常讲话rice变lice......
引用

Harmatia@2003-12-12 00:02

发音是一回事,学习语言是另一回事
难道发音好了语言就OK了?
说实话,比起语法和词汇量,发音简直是小意思
特别是如果不是很年轻的时候就到特定的语言环境中去打滚,口音是一定会有的
引用

飞天浆糊@2003-12-12 01:59

引用
最初由 Harmatia 发布
发音是一回事,学习语言是另一回事
难道发音好了语言就OK了?
说实话,比起语法和词汇量,发音简直是小意思
特别是如果不是很年轻的时候就到特定的语言环境中去打滚,口音是一定会有的

心理学上说,语言最好是十三岁以前学,十三岁以后某些生理发展结束再想学发某些特定的音基本是没有什么可能了...而且随着年龄增长,记忆力和理解力都会相对发展变缓吧,十九,二十差不多到极限了
引用

Bhead@2003-12-12 02:15

找老外天天去pub,保证好

我们这里中国人的口语就是这么炼出来的
引用

«1234»共4页