『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

emb422@2003-06-06 01:30

Such a great day so far.
Didn't wake up until 10, I had a wonderful sleep. "It's so good to be in summer break", so I claim all the time, I suppose...
I went biking around 11, but realized the sky's dropping its "tears". But I sticked on to it anyway. I went around my community for a while, and then realized my bike was broken. Some screws went loose, and it took me a while to fix it. Had some "Zhongzi" for lunch, after all, it's just a day past "Duan Wu".
After lunch, I convinced my mother that the stock market is getting better these days, and got permission to buy some stocks by myself.
After some research, I brought 30 shares for Sina, and hopefully it would go up...
Still, i'm borthered a little bit. I am going to take SAT this saturday. Although I suppose it's just a practice, but still I should try my best. I suppose I'll start to practice for SAT now. After all, "Practice makes it perfect", as long as the practicing method itself is right.
引用

whatever@2003-06-07 10:25

引用
最初由 emb422 发布

You got a 5 in writing? That's really impressive. I didn't take it this year. Had some emergency back in China in Feb. Well, i guess it is really a nice way to use the board as a diary.
Such a wonderful day today. (maybe not really) I claimed I'll practice for SAT, but in the end spent the whole day on computer. I went biking, but then found out that the trail was still under construction. Then I went swimming, but found out that none of my friends were there. Just a perfect begining for this summer break--a summer that is already ruined. I started to take psychology course over the summer in local college. It's so time-consuming to study for such a boring course. (i guess it's fun in some perspective) Hope everyone will have a magnificent day!

Looks like your summer is pretty cool huh. Mine is like horrible. I am grounded now, my eldest uncle makes me read 3 hours dictionary per day, and reading 3 hours novel or the SAT vocabularies, plus the 4 hours intensive reading class, I am dying now. But I deserve it, cuz I didn't work hard enough last year.
引用

whatever@2003-06-07 10:28

引用
最初由 emb422 发布

You know, when you talk about how you think you filled the wrong form number, I must agree that I have the same type of anxiety whenever I take any type of scantron based test. After all, if I fail because of some idiotic mistake, I would feel really really BAD. I haven't recieved my score yet, but at least I didn't fail.

Well, you came to US more than three years, I don't think you would fail such a test. Hey, how did yo do on the pre-SAT, I did pretty bad on the reading. That's why I got to work on it this summer.
引用

Lizard@2003-06-07 10:33

u guys are having summer holidays now??

i have three more weeks to go.. exam week starts on next next monday...and i have two exams on the same days =.=""
引用

whatever@2003-06-07 10:38

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Such a great day so far.
Didn't wake up until 10, I had a wonderful sleep. "It's so good to be in summer break", so I claim all the time, I suppose...
I went biking around 11, but realized the sky's dropping its "tears". But I sticked on to it anyway. I went around my community for a while, and then realized my bike was broken. Some screws went loose, and it took me a while to fix it. Had some "Zhongzi" for lunch, after all, it's just a day past "Duan Wu".
After lunch, I convinced my mother that the stock market is getting better these days, and got permission to buy some stocks by myself.
After some research, I brought 30 shares for Sina, and hopefully it would go up...
Still, i'm borthered a little bit. I am going to take SAT this saturday. Although I suppose it's just a practice, but still I should try my best. I suppose I'll start to practice for SAT now. After all, "Practice makes it perfect", as long as the practicing method itself is right.

Holly cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Life is always unfair. Waking up at 10am in the morning, what a loving sleeping time you have! :mad: :mad: :mad: And you could buy your own stock................that's not fair. Ps: how do you work on your SAT vocabularies? You know that the voca. part is the hardest part in SAT (at least, that's what I think). It's really cool to write diary here, isn't it?
引用

whatever@2003-06-07 10:41

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
u guys are having summer holidays now??

i have three more weeks to go.. exam week starts on next next monday...and i have two exams on the same days =.=""

Those days before exam were like hell, every single day is like every single year. Oh well, I am in summer now, but I am still in hell. :( :( :(
引用

emb422@2003-06-07 11:49

It's the end of the day again.
Feeling fine, i suppose...
I wasted most of the day playing games with my friend. It seems like games (and computer) is so abdictive. Once I started playing I cannot stop and do the things I suppose to do.
I spent the entire night at Barns & Nobles trying to prepare for SAT.
I suppose tomorrow would be a bad day, after all, I'll take my first try on SAT.
I found some really nice bargain books. It was Sigmund Freud's Interpretation of Dreams. Nice work on psychology.
Anyway, I also brought one of my summer reading books (school requirement), The Winter of Our Discontent.
I'm so much interested in History these days. I'm working on Herodotus' Histories for now. It's a really nice history of the Antiquity by a Greek's perspective in 5th century B.C.E.
引用

jingwen@2003-06-09 01:51

How many people take summer school this year? How many people plan to go back China? The condition of China is much better now. In fact, I think SARS is not that serious.
引用

whatever@2003-06-09 04:30

Well, I am taking the intensive English this summer, and I am not planning to go back to China this summer, cuz we don't allow to.
引用

whatever@2003-06-09 08:47

What a boring day! I am really really tired this morning, cuz I slept at 3:00 in the morning, and I needed to wake at 9:00, then go to teach some dumb kids how to draw. I was really really boring, plus my nose got a problem today, I kept sneezing. And when I got home, I finished the watching of anime, then started reading again.
引用

emb422@2003-06-09 20:51

I'm taking summer corse in local college. After all, college credits are desireble and perhaps will save me money when I actually do attend college. Dual enrolment does not even cause a penny, it's like the best deal there is.
I've had such a wonderful weekend. We went to a resort with friends, and played cards and stuff for 2 days. Now I'm back, and realized that I'm so tired...
引用

whatever@2003-06-10 02:56

You are so lucky, as first I was planning to take some courses in BCC, but they don't let me take it, they said I should spend more time on my language. Oh well, fine, I am working on it now
引用

kami@2003-06-10 19:43

Hi guys, i am so happy to find such a thread in popgo, i have only read 8 pages of this thread, but it's too long, i am too impatient to wait, i want to join immediatly!

Please forgive my poor english, i will thank you very much for point my mistakes out.

Let me introduce myself first. I am not oversea, i now living in zhejiang hangzhou, i am working on IT for nearly a year. It's the first post i put in popgo. like comic, like animation, like FF, like diablo, like starcraft... and of course, like friends ^^

it's hard for me to express my mind using english, but i believe i will do better and better under my practices and friends' help~
引用

whatever@2003-06-11 05:56

Nice to meet you. And welcome to join us. Ps: usually the verb after the words like for, about, of, ect. uses verb+ing.
引用

kami@2003-06-11 09:37

I should write 'for pointing ... '.

Thank you! ^^
引用

«2930313233343536»共53页