『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>An English thread, hope every ..

emb422@2003-06-20 13:06

Today (or rather, yesterday, since it's 1 already...) was a rather sad day.
I parted with my best friend, he is moving to Calorado tomorrow (or rather, today...)
We've being friends for about 2 years now. We had such fun time together, I know I'll miss him a lot. (and miss the stupidity he processes, I suppose. lol)
引用

whatever@2003-06-21 06:14

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
How do you think of 1984?
I loved it all the way through, especially the last 4 words.
I think it reads "He loved big brother" or something.
Newspeak was quite a nice idea, I guess it's the best way to manipulating people's mind--in theory, of course.
The irony in the book was remarkable--ministry of love being that of hate, ministry of truth being that of lying, it really warns us something that might or might not happen.
Although 1984 came and passed by, the negative utopia Orwell created is unforgettable.
great piece of work.

Yeah, it's a pretty good book, and I agree that newspeak is the best way to manipulating people's mind. After all, those people who fight and fight again and again in the mid-asia due to different language and religious. And in the book, people have the same belief, so if the way people are the same also, then manipulating people's mind will be piece of cake. But I would never like that kind of world.
引用

whatever@2003-06-21 06:17

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
I've held another party in my house today.
It was nice, although not as many people as I hoped. There were only 6 people including me, and only 4 stayed for dinner, 3 didn't come...
But I guess it was better with fewer people. It was really quiet comparing to some of my earlier parties.
We had much fun. We discussed some subjects, (of course, influding FRENCH JOKES) and played cards. (Black Jack, I got the highest amont of money---but lost them all first)
Afterwards, we played video games.

Well,you still got 5 friends to come to your party. Last time I held a party, and I invited lot of friends, and there's only one was able to come. But I got lot of cousins though. And we all had fun that time.
引用

whatever@2003-06-21 06:22

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Today (or rather, yesterday, since it's 1 already...) was a rather sad day.
I parted with my best friend, he is moving to Calorado tomorrow (or rather, today...)
We've being friends for about 2 years now. We had such fun time together, I know I'll miss him a lot. (and miss the stupidity he processes, I suppose. lol)

I knew how you feel. When I was parted with my best friend, I was pretty sad. We talked more than 4 hours before we were parted. Now, we often call eath other, so even we still miss eath other a lot, but we are fine. So, I guess you and your best friend will be fine too. Just keep contact with each other.
引用

whatever@2003-06-21 06:30

Thanks to my little cousin. I got a free day yesterday. My two other cousins and I played Mononply in our little cousin's house for 8 hours. And finally my skinny cousin won the game. After that, I was really really tired, and I went home and slept, and woke up at 11:00 am this morning. Then another regular day began, read book, go to internet, sleep again. It's pretty boring to repeat this again and again.
引用

emb422@2003-06-24 00:51

This is it, I officially declare that I'm sick of rainfall for like 10 hours everyday! Everytime when I go outside to do something, I got wet! I've never seen Floridian rainfall like this. Usually it's just an afternoon storm and would be over in half an hour.
引用

whatever@2003-06-24 12:01

:D :D :D................imagining.................a wet emb422.................just kidding. It's rainfall season, my place is often raining too, but not as bad as your place. But ah.. I like rainfall, I love the sound of rain, and I like to stand in light rain, and get wet, it calm me so well.
引用

emb422@2003-06-25 12:18

I said that continous rainfall in Florida was an amazing thing. Well, I was mistaken. Harry Potter seems more amazing than anything to me. It was CRAZY last friday night. I went to Barns & Noble as usual (i do it every friday). I was pretty sure that Harry Potter won't be released until saturday. (so I'll have some quiet time at the bookstore on friday) But I was mistaken. People were literally going to book store on Friday afternoon to wait until midnight to buy the book!!! I never knew such a book could be so dramatic to younglings these days. (parents were there, too.) Although I disliked Harry Potter for its lack of intenseness as a piece of literature work, I must admit that the creativity and attractiveness within it is enourmous. I thought people would only be so crazy about a movie or something else, but to know that they would do so even with a book truly pleases me. It is good to know that people actually wants to read these days. (later, I was more amazed to know that a person I know finished the book over night.)
引用

whatever@2003-06-26 22:53

Well, my eldest uncle told me that would happen before, but I don't believe it. Now, someone tell me what he saw in the book store, that wouldn't be false. All I could say is,"Holly crap." That's crazy. If you tell me those all are chinese, I wouldn't wonder that. After all the people in HongKong would wait more than two night only for buy a concert ticket.
引用

emb422@2003-06-27 01:24

Not only were they there to buy the book, they were actually dressed up in those ugly witch "suits" on that day.
Anyway, I bruised myself when I was biking yesterday, it hurts.
I have to do 2 more SAT tests before Saturday in order to get my weekly allowance, so I guess i'll start to do them now.
引用

whatever@2003-06-27 23:40

Did you fell off from the bike, that would hurt pretty bad. One time I fell off, and my nose hit the ground, and bleeding really bad. And I wouldn't wonder about those people dress up. I remember the opening night for Happy Potter's movie, there're lot of people dress up.
引用

Lizard@2003-06-28 06:49

My summer course was canceled!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!because there were only 4 ppl selected it!!!!
so i went to the summer school site and got any other form, then i got it signed by my school guidance -.-"" ...
引用

jingwen@2003-06-29 00:34

I can't go to summer school this summer, because I don't have a car. I am at work now. Everything is so boring this summer. sooooo boring...
引用

whatever@2003-06-30 11:23

You find a job jingwen, that's cool. I wish I could find a job, even the community service could be OK. But I am working on the SAT voca. now. And yeah, the summer is beginning to get boring. But I don't want to go to school either.
引用

emb422@2003-06-30 12:51

Finally, June is about to be over. My first summer course, Psychology, is over too. I'm looking forward to my next course, Philosophy, which starts on July 1st, and also Indepandence Day on July 4th. Also, my mom's birthday's in 3rd, and Frozen Throne comes out on 1st, this week will be exciting!
引用

«3233343536373839»共53页