雨过天晴@2003-06-22 02:24

差不多吧,练习题
我苦命呀!:( 我妈说读小说没用,什么都学不到。。。。>_<
引用

jingwen@2003-06-22 02:26

引用
最初由 TOMOKO 发布

Saturday....waiting....the magic moment....HOHO
I read all the Harry Potter series from school library, so I have to wait for the beginning of the next school year. >_<
引用

jingwen@2003-06-22 02:30

引用
最初由 雨过天晴 发布
差不多吧,练习题
我苦命呀!:( 我妈说读小说没用,什么都学不到。。。。>_<
The same as what my parents always told me. But we can read those good books secretly.^_^
引用

雨过天晴@2003-06-22 04:04

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
The same as what my parents always told me. But we can read those good books secretly.^_^

没错!我经常背地里读小说的!:D:D
引用

whatever@2003-06-25 10:45

上面的两位真是惨啊, 我的父母不但让我看, 而且还要我看多些, 说是要提高阅读能力. :P
ps:这段时间怎么不见JINGWEN上网, 不但在MSN见不到你, 而且也没有再见到你到那英文贴回贴, 该不会是考试太紧张, 没有时间上网吧.
引用

emb422@2003-06-25 12:10

Some parents are just nuts in mind, I suppose...
Limiting one's reading time is like to forbid one to take dinner, for reading is the key in the gaining of knowledge which is the base for survival in this competitive world. Without the gaining of knowledge, there is nothing left to enjoy, is it? Although novals may seem "common" and "un-scholaristic" to some close-minded and old-fashioned (especially Chinese) parents, but truly some of the greatest work ever written are in the form of fictional novals. At least by reading novals one can gain other people's point of view upon the world, and truly it would be great to know that for it will re-establish one's own indivisualism by learning the differences between people. The vivid imagination and creativity of other people may be a key to develop one's own.
引用

neofreestyler@2003-07-13 16:14

蚕古~~~~这辈子就FINISH过两本英文书。
一本小哈~~
一本LOOKING FOR ALIBRANDI。还是老师规定看的。BUT ITS REALLY GOOD。
引用

花开煌煌@2003-07-23 15:35

books I have enjoyed:

Anne Rice's Vampire Triology (the later books suck, IMO)
Catch-22
the Harry Potter books
Mother Night
Our Town (it's a play, but whatever)
引用

bigbear3131@2003-07-23 16:02

havnt read any novel in a while.... but i dont lik HP... lik LOTR better... :D
引用

silverwhite@2003-07-24 21:30

Harry Potter, LOTR, and Darren Shan are my favorites ^-^~(DARREN SHAN比HP还要幼稚..但是我喜欢吸血鬼的书拉)
Anne Rice也很不错~~
最近在看The Lovely Bones~还不错..我喜欢的类型
Tom Clancy的作品也都很不错, 那个RAINBOW SEVEN一直想买还有还有,那个写The Street Lawyer的作者的书很有看头~~
引用

emb422@2003-07-25 04:21

I just started to read "The Great Gatsby", it should be good.
I brought John Steinbeck's "East of Eden", and I also heard that his "Grape of Wrath" is a very good book about the Great Depression. If any of you have patience to read, try those.
引用

silverwhite@2003-07-27 18:50

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Some parents are just nuts in mind, I suppose...
Limiting one's reading time is like to forbid one to take dinner, for reading is the key in the gaining of knowledge which is the base for survival in this competitive world. Without the gaining of knowledge, there is nothing left to enjoy, is it? Although novals may seem "common" and "un-scholaristic" to some close-minded and old-fashioned (especially Chinese) parents, but truly some of the greatest work ever written are in the form of fictional novals. At least by reading novals one can gain other people's point of view upon the world, and truly it would be great to know that for it will re-establish one's own indivisualism by learning the differences between people. The vivid imagination and creativity of other people may be a key to develop one's own.

就是说! 读书只有好处没有坏处..就算读HARRY POTTER也能提高阅读水平!(但我的写作还是很烂T_T)-_-但是....当你的家长一天到晚逼你去买书读的时候..就有点痛苦了..因为我只想玩PS2..哈哈^-^;;;;;;

CLIVE CUSSIER的书爆好看的!
AGATHA CHRISTIE和SHERLOCK HOLMES也写了不少好书~
还有那个VLADIMMIR VLADIMIROVICH NABOKOW写的[LOLITA]. 虽然没有机会读,但据说也是不错的..
引用

花开煌煌@2003-07-28 03:46

引用
最初由 silverwhite 发布

还有那个VLADIMMIR VLADIMIROVICH NABOKOW写的[LOLITA]. 虽然没有机会读,但据说也是不错的..

Yes, Lolita is indeed a good book. The opening is immortal.

Oh yeah, the English translation of Haruki Murakami's Norweign Wood is pretty good too.
引用

whatever@2003-07-31 00:46

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
Tale of The Twin Cities

那不书的作者是谁啊, 我昨天到图书馆找了很久都找不到.
引用

花开煌煌@2003-07-31 09:24

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

那不书的作者是谁啊, 我昨天到图书馆找了很久都找不到.

If you mean "A Tale of Two Cities", the author is Charles Dickens.

If you want, you can download the whole thing as a .txt file.

http://www.ibiblio.org/gutenberg/cgi-bin/sdb/t9.cgi?entry=98&full=yes&ftpsite=http://www.ibiblio.org/gutenberg/
Courtesy of Project Gutenberg.
引用

«12345»共5页