『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>美国的朋友, 欢迎近来 ..

Harmatia@2003-10-16 01:00

引用
最初由 JanusWang 发布
我土一把,你们的SAT是美国的大学入学考试么?

Yes, one of two kinds. The other is ACT,

引用

呵呵,我在准备GRE,也就是研究生入学考试了。单词是比较死人的。为了考试只能背了,因为English毕竟不是我们的native langue。背的话要用循环,也就是背新的时候要顺带复习旧的,不染很快就忘了。实在记不住也不用着急,做作题目,经常看见,脸熟了:“就你那小样儿,还怕我记不住”,对吧?

I am preparing for the GREs too and I agree with you la.
引用

Novia@2003-10-16 03:13

引用
最初由 Harmatia 发布

There is no "passing" the SAT or not.....besides, you can always consider taking the ACTs.

And there are a few reputable school which do not ask for SATs.

..............i am not very clear about u mean.......................@@

what is ACT??? English & Math???? English is easier than SAT?????...............:confused: :confused:
引用

Harmatia@2003-10-16 04:07

ACT has a science section in addition to the verbal and math sections. As a result, the verbal section isn't counted as heavily in the final score.

Most schools accept both ACTs and SATs.
引用

Novia@2003-10-16 05:08

引用
最初由 Harmatia 发布
ACT has a science section in addition to the verbal and math sections. As a result, the verbal section isn't counted as heavily in the final score.

Most schools accept both ACTs and SATs.

看8太懂...............><

素说ACT有考科学,然后英语部分的比重不是很大吗?????...................@@

ACT什么时候考???也是11年级????...................:confused:
引用

emb422@2003-10-16 09:25

Actually, if you're good at math, don't take ACT.
In ACT, math counts as only 1/4 of the grade.
引用

Novia@2003-10-16 09:38

i everything all better than English....................... ><
引用

seiyafan@2003-10-16 09:46

引用
最初由 Novia 发布
i everything all better than English....................... ><

I can see that pretty well.
引用

chenwu@2003-10-16 20:46

我在UK,不是很明白SAT和ACT考的是什么?谁可以解释一下?和IELTS比起来是不是IELTS简单啊?
因为上网也出国笑话!一次答题,不小心全部写成U,UR!被老师圈了出来
晕倒!
引用

Above-sky@2003-10-16 23:56

Hi, everyone.
I am a new member of this forum. And please forgive me using English because I don't know how to type Chinese in my Mac G4. So....

Here is my experience. I didn't take SAT but ACT, because ACT is the standard test to go to college. There are 4 parts of ACT: English, reading/composition, science & math. Of couse, understanding the English is more important but there are no fast way to accomplish, it takes time. So I focus on math & science, and "read" the dictionary everyday (I really read the dictionary to memorise words, trust me, you will find something funny inside). I got 21 points on the first ACT test and 23 points on the second time.
Not bad, huh?

Sorry about that, it is kind of long & bored story. But you guys have good sleep, right.
Good Luck.
引用

Harmatia@2003-10-17 00:00

Welcome to the forum! Hope you will have fun here.:)

Thank you for sharing your experiences. I had forgotten that ACT also has a reading/composition part... :p

引用
最初由 Above-sky 发布
Hi, everyone.
I am a new member of this forum. And please forgive me using English because I don't know how to type Chinese in my Mac G4. So....

Here is my experience. I didn't take SAT but ACT, because ACT is the standard test to go to college. There are 4 parts of ACT: English, reading/composition, science & math. Of couse, understanding the English is more important but there are no fast way to accomplish, it takes time. So I focus on math & science, and "read" the dictionary everyday (I really read the dictionary to memorise words, trust me, you will find something funny inside). I got 21 points on the first ACT test and 23 points on the second time.
Not bad, huh?

Sorry about that, it is kind of long & bored story. But you guys have good sleep, right.
Good Luck.
引用

Novia@2003-10-17 01:46

i can't read it..........................T_____T
引用

whatever@2003-10-17 11:53

引用
最初由 Novia 发布

..............i am not very clear about u mean.......................@@

what is ACT??? English & Math???? English is easier than SAT?????...............:confused: :confused:

Here pal, www.collegeboard.com it give you many informations about college, SAT and ACT, and also, you could go to the library and use those computer to find some SAT and ACT book, if you don't know how to use those computer, ask one of the librarian, they will show you how.
引用

whatever@2003-10-17 11:59

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Actually, if you're good at math, don't take ACT.
In ACT, math counts as only 1/4 of the grade.

Well, if you are not good at English, better to take ACT, after all, there're less strange words.
引用

whatever@2003-10-17 12:06

引用
最初由 Above-sky 发布
Hi, everyone.

Not bad, huh?

Good Luck.

Welcome pal, and welcome to talk in my thread too, it's all English. Considering I am trying to get some scholarships, I need to get up a 1300 or high in SAT or a 32 or higher in ACT at least. So it have a pretty far distince from accomplishing that (well at least for me). And the PSAT is next Tuesday, and for all 11 graders who are going to the the PSAT next tuesday, are also trying for the international scholarship too. I guess it's really really hard for me to get that. Last year, we had two students in my school got it, and they went to a pretty good college too.

Hey Emb422 I guess you could get it much easier than me, go for it, I hope that you could get it (well of course I wish I could get it too :D )
引用

whatever@2003-10-17 12:14

Well, we got a day off tomorrow, so I got a three days weekends, however, I have a "three days weekends" homeworks too. Oh man, too much test on Monday......NO >_< especially history.....NO >_<, and I need to spend a day for my mole project........NO >_<............and I am try to get a piano, so that I could practice those songs which are going to sing in the Fall Concert, it will spend me lot of time.......NO >_<. Theremore, I need to finish my Chemistry reading, and finish those questions which might take me foreever to finish it.............NO >_<. And I need to spend many time for prepare the PSAT too.........NO >_<.

This afternoon, more than 20 poeple said "HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND !!!" to me, BUT..................."I AM GOING TO HAVE A BAD WEEKEND !!!" .......................NO >_<......................

弊了, 发错地方, 本来是要发在另一贴那里的, 算了删贴要扣20元的.
引用

«123456»共6页