『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>美国的朋友, 欢迎近来 ..

beidog@2003-11-03 05:50

SAT不用说了啊~伤心~唉!太难了!12年级再来吧!
引用

emb422@2003-11-07 12:37

I can see that there are quite a few people who are concerned about both of these notorous tests. Really, I started to look at things a different way. So what If one do not do well in either tests and do not go to a good college? It's NOT the end of the world! The life we have is filled with opportunities and flexibility, it's impossible to pre-plan everything. We always want to be better than other people, we always want to have higher test scores. But, what's the reward? Secruity? No, not really. It's more like a false sense of pride that we seek for. Most of us probabbly do know that a person's true ability and position in society will not be solely dependent on academics. There are many success people who fulfilled the American dream, who are, in fact, truly self-made. But instead, too many people such as myself worry about the future all the time, and lose touch of the present. Pressure of all kinds--peer, economic, parental, and especially self induced ones haunt those who tries to make future secure. As psychologists said, over-achievers are always experincing fear, the fear for failure. The life is all about choices. The future is in front of us, but we can never catch it. So, why do we worry about it so much?? Go with the flow, go with what you truly want to do, that's the only way to lead to a worthy life. (obviously, I will not achieve this goal, at least for a long while. My path is already chosen as one of the conformists. I am one of the people who are currently struggling and worrying about the untouchable future. I may change my life style, hopefully, before my inevitable end.)
引用

Harmatia@2003-11-07 12:40

嗯,楼上的心态不错~并不是一定要上什么TOP20才算人生有意义啊~ ^_^
引用

seiyafan@2003-11-07 13:25

There is no dream school but a dream job, IMHO.
引用

jingwen@2003-11-10 07:48

引用
最初由 Harmatia 发布
eh, you misunderstood me nee
I shook hands with you because finally somebody else is finding/found AP Am. History to be easy
not the second part.... ^^
oh yeah, AP courses are actually not that hard like somebody thought they would be, if you put your heart in it.
引用

hzweilin@2003-11-14 04:10

我当初是完全没去背过, 所以sat英文成绩。。。汗。  还好数学拿了满分,加在一起后,sat总成绩送算不是太差~
引用

emb422@2003-11-17 10:12

I got 800 on SAT II: Chinese... lol...
引用

whatever@2003-11-18 13:36

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布
ACT is easy, much easier than SAT in my opinion. If you want to get good grades in SAT, you still need to recite the vocab words, because they're not common words, it's not likely you can use it pretty often, or read it very often in the books.I'm good at history, history is easy, the only strategy is reading the book. I got 99 in AP US History.

A 99 in AP US History???What kind of creature you are??I mean don't you guys have somethings like intime in class essay?? I got a pretty got grade in the begining of the year too, because they're not such things as in time essay and unity test or AP kind of chapter test. But as the year goes on, hard stuffs came out, we have in time, in class essay every week, and it's definitely impossible to get a 99 for the essay. And those AP type of chapter test is friggin hard. Oh well it's good pratice though, our teacher's goal is 90% of all AP US history students pass the AP test with a 70% or higher score. The students from last year did it, so we'd better achieve that too.
引用

whatever@2003-11-18 13:42

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
I got 800 on SAT II: Chinese... lol...

Jeez, I wonder what easy that is, do you remember any of the questions that it's from the SAT II Chinese test. Just give us a example that we could know what easy or what hard it is. I mean if it's too easy, I may just ignore it, and just prepare for the IB one.
引用

jingwen@2003-11-23 09:40

引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Jeez, I wonder what easy that is, do you remember any of the questions that it's from the SAT II Chinese test. Just give us a example that we could know what easy or what hard it is. I mean if it's too easy, I may just ignore it, and just prepare for the IB one.
you should say" how easy it is, how hard it is"
we had essays for AP US HIstory too, as a matter of fact, but our teacher often gives us extra credit opportunities.
引用

whatever@2003-11-24 05:13

Your teacher is so nice. Our teacher never give us extra credit except we read those extra books that he recommend, and then write a 10 pages report.
Oh well, I am really bad at history. Hey jingwen, how do you study history, I remember you said you are really good at it.
引用

jingwen@2003-11-28 01:23

I think I am good at history just because I like history and I have good memory.
引用

beidog@2003-11-30 15:51

请问大家在那里可以找到SAT的VOCA.啊~我想记都没得记~
引用

Harmatia@2003-11-30 16:12

There are SAT review books out there and many of them have a list of vocab words in them.
引用

jingwen@2003-12-01 01:41

You can find vocab on line too, like www.kaplan.com, free.
引用

«23456»共6页