查看完整版本: [-- [请教]XviD_BF_VHQ中的BF和VHQ是代表什么 --]

『漫游』酷论坛 -> 影音精华区 -> [请教]XviD_BF_VHQ中的BF和VHQ是代表什么 [打印本页] 登录 -> 注册 -> 回复主题 -> 发表主题

水煮面 2003-06-01 20:15

[请教]XviD_BF_VHQ中的BF和VHQ是代表什么

XviD_BF_VHQ中的BF和VHQ是代表什么

天國天使 2003-06-01 20:30
轉自Doom9
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=45746

sysKin
==========
VHQ manual
Hey.
I welcome every xvid alpha tester here.

As you might have noticed, the newest uManiac's build contains a new feature called VHQ.

VHQ stands or whatever you want, but Koepi said it's 'vastly hyped quality'. As far as I'm concerned it might mean 'very handsome qaligosaur'.

Important is what it does.
It does two things - first, it is able to compute the number of bits a macroblock would take in different scenarios and choose the scenario which shows the smallest number. Second, it can do some limited motion vector seach to minimize the bits for a given scenario. The 'scenarios' are macroblock modes - there can be one vector (we can look for it using this tool), four vectors (we can also look for them) or the macroblock can be intra (nothing to look for here).
As you can see (I hope?) it doesn't change quality at fixed quantizer - it reduces number of bits at fixed quantizer.

VHQ is only used in P-frames. In I-frames it doesn't have anything to do. It is possible in B-frames, but it's not there (yet? dunno, don't look at me).

It works with bframes, qpel, chroma, lumimasking etc.
It doesn't work with GMC yet. <-- until further notice. please remember that. I mean it.

There are several possible levels of additional search. Koepi and I decided to make four levels in the configuration - first is mode decision alone (without any search), next include additional search patters and are much slower.

OK, what have I forgotten?
Ah yes.
This is the first release and it's obviously buggy Current number of known bugs is: 0. Number of expected bugs is about 7649321 and a half.

If you feel like testing, you're welcome. Please share your comments and suggestions.
If you see a bug, do the following:
1. make sure GMC is disabled
2. check if it hasn't been reported before
3. report it here

And most importantly: Have fun testing.

Best regards,
Radek 'sysKin' Czyz
==========

簡單點來說,就是個稍稍提高成品的畫質的功能。

天國天使 2003-06-01 20:33
還有B-Frame

==========
MPEG4 video is based heavily on H.263 - most of the MPEG4 docs assume a prior knowledge of H.263 so you may be better off looking for it instead.

B-frames are one of 3 different frame types that MPEG4 supports. I-frames (Intra frames) are completely self-contained, that is they don't reference any other frames. These are commonly called key frames. P-frames (Predicted (?) frames, can't remember for some reason) are frames which reference the frame that came before it for image data. Each 16x16 block (macroblock) of a P-frame can either be encoded independently of anything else (an "intra" block) or be "compensated" from the frame that came before it. By expoiting the similarities often found in subsequent frames, P-frames are significantly smaller than I-frames - the cost is that you must decode every preceding P-frame from the last I-frame in order to decode one.

B-frames are a different matter, and complicate the encoding/decoding procedure by quite a bit. They are "Bidirectional" frames, meaning that they can reference frames that come both before and after itself. How can a frame reference a frame that comes after itself, you ask? The encoder reorders the frames so that they are no longer stored one after the other in order, that's how.

Say you had 4 frames. You wanted the first to be an I-frame (naturally), the next to to be B-frames (as they are usually a quarter of the size of P-frames, to give you some idea of the compression benefits), and the last frame to be a P-frame (as B-frames need something ahead of themselves to be predicted from). The frames would sequentially look like this:

1 2 3 4
I B B P

However, they would be stored in the file as:

1 4 2 3
I P B B

After encoding the I-frame, the encoder skips ahead and grabs the frame that is destined to be the P-frame, and encodes it as if it immediately followed the I-frame. Now, that will increase the size of the P-frame, as more will have changed between the I-frame and itself over the 2 intermediate frames, but we are hoping that the B-frames will make up for this loss of compressability. Now we have an I-frame and a P-frame compressed. Once this is done, the encoder goes back to the second frame (which was destined to be our first B-frame), and references both the I-frame and the P-frame to find similarities. Once the first B-frame is completed, the encoder again uses the original I-frame and the P-frame to compress the second B-frame. Note that B-frames can't reference other B-frames for finding matches.

As you can see, B-frames make things messy

Anyway, here's another diagram:

1 2 3 4
I B B P

1. Codec compresses I-frame
2. Codec jumps ahead and compresses P-frame as if it immediately followed the I-frame. Our bitstream now contains:

1 4
I P

3. Codec grabs the 2nd frame, and references both the I-frame and the P-frame to compress it. Adds compressed B-frame to bitstream:

1 4 2
I P B

4. Codec grabs the 3rd frame, and references both the I-frame and P-frame to compress it. We have finally completed our encoding:

1 4 2 3
I P B B

Since B-frame encoding requires frames to be fed to the encoder "out of order", there is talk of creating a custom encoding program to generate XviD AVI's containing B-frames. These AVI's will be playable with all the normal tools (Media Player, PowerDivX, etc.), it's just the encoding that's tricky.

Hope that's made things less (more?) confusing.

-h

And this, again by -h:

The I-frame quantization settings restrict the quantizers that may be used for I-frames (key frames). If you set the min and max to 2 and 2, then the keyframes in your movies will be high quality and large in size.

Now, because of the way the 2-pass "bit bucket" works, setting the I-frames to artificially low quantizers will result in the P-frames following it to have extremely high quantizers - such a quick jump will produce ugly output. So, the "Smooth quantizers" checkbox will prevent the quantizer from jumping too far between subsequent frames.

If you're going to mess with the I-frame quantizers, you should check that box.

-h
==========

再還有

來自射手網的介紹
http://bbs.et8.net/bbs/showthread.php?threadid=273867
http://www.shooter.com.cn/?artid=55&show=1
==========
B 帧在 MPEG-4 中有四种参考模式,如果是同时参考前后的画面压缩,

则记录的是 和 (前画面 pixel 值 + 后画面 pixel 值)/2 的差值,

也就是 和 「前后画面的平均」的差值。

所以记录的差值个数和 P 帧一样,只有一个,没有增加。

而因为 B 帧位于前后画面的中间,以「前后画面的平均」,也就是「前后画面的中间值」