『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>谁能谈谈在澳洲的实 ..

kendeng@2003-08-18 22:50

素质很高?当然在墨尔本啦!
引用

neofreestyler@2003-08-18 23:27

hehe,突然发现学校的UNION MAGAZINE上的一篇文章。让我寒了下。此文不代表我的意见。大家看看就可以了。表攻击我。粗话不少。
Why Melbourne sucks arse.

Jamie Hall

I should say at the outset that I don't give a skinny shit about the so-called traditional Melbourne-Sydney rivalry. Melbourne used to cross my mind about as often as Michael Jackson or genital herpes. But these days it crops up in conversaion all the time. There are many people around inner Sydney - otherwise sane people, that is - who say they'd like to move to Melbourne. Five years ago it was entering Tropfest and holidaying in Nepal, now it's all about moving down south.

This is complete inanity. In case you need to be reminded, melbourne sucks the bag, and here's why.

Shopping
People say that Melbourne's better for shopping. INCORRECT. A few boutique stores selling Japanese knick-knacks do not make a shopping scene.

It's a moot point anyway, because everyone in Melbourne dresses as though they're on their way to a funeral. Come to think of it, maybe they actually are. That would explain why they look GLOOMY all the time.
引用

neofreestyler@2003-08-18 23:40

下面一口气打完了。

Geography

Sydney was founded by convicts, disgraced con artists, smooth talkers, standover men, and the coldhearted aristocratic bastards who oversaw them. Melbourne was developed by uptight Puritans who wanted a good return on their investment. Hence the fact that all the CBD's streets are at perfect right angles. If that city was any more anally retentive, they wouldn't need a sewer system.

And, of course, there's the weather. Two key facts to remember: one, Melbourne isn't called Bleak City for nothing; two, climate has a strong effect on your state of mind. In other words, Sydney in summer makes you glad to be alive, while Melbourne year-round makes you want to open a vein.

Nightlife

Victoria's liquor laws are more liberal than ours, and this allegedly means that Melbourne is OVER-FLOWING with 'quirky' bars where 'funky' peopel meet to drink 'funky' drinks and talk about their 'quirky' film projects. If that kind of pseudo-Bohemian rubbish appeals to you, then you'll probably be well satisfied.

But it comes at a price, Sport. The bars down there serve beer in 'pots', which means: middy-sized glasses at schooner-sized prices. Cheers!

Major Events

The Melbourne media are obsessed with proving that their city's better than ours. They usually focus on how many big events Melbourne will be hosting in the next few years. Really important, respected, major events - as opposed to, oh I don't know, the OLYMPICS.

So what is Melbourne so happy about? A few car races and the Queen musical. Excuse me while I wet my pants with jealousy.

Lifestyle

The whole cit clings to the bottom of Australia like a turd that someone's forgotten to wipe. St Kilda is exactly like it's portrayed in The Secret Life of Us, except for the fact that in real life it rains all the time. In other words, it's a suburb full of Johnny Know-nothings who spend all their time talking about themselves. As though the inmates from Big Brother 3 had taken over an entire suburb.

Arts

Apparently Melbourne is the centre of everything cultural. They've produced creative giants such as Barry Humphries (a drag artist with pretentions), Stelarc ( a tiresome Robocop-wannabe) and Fred Schepisi (who abandoned Melbourne for Hollywood as soon as he was legally able). Personally I've got no time for the so-called creative arts. Anyone who values a city for its cultural activites deserves to be held up to remorseless public ridicule, insult, and molestation.

Transport

The trams are nice. Conceded. But once the novelty wears off, you realise they're just an upsized version of the kid's choo-choo train ride at Bronte Park. Without the view.

Conclusion
Sydney is the finest place to live in the world. If you don't love it, then you don't deserve to be here. Get the fxxk out of my city.

The Three Good Things About Melbourne
1. The Late Show came from there.
2. The trams.
3. It's only a 976km trip back to Sydney.
引用

xliz@2003-09-01 18:06

hehe, neofreestyler, r u in usyd??
引用

neofreestyler@2003-09-01 21:51

引用
最初由 xliz 发布
hehe, neofreestyler, r u in usyd??

yes i am.
u in usyd too?
引用

Rande@2003-09-02 13:44

引用
最初由 kisa 发布
总体来说生活是不错,就是太无聊了,没什么娱乐。还有就是办事效率太低。。辛苦阿。。等得我都累死了。
我觉得在澳洲没有什么大的发展前途,来留学可以算是一个接触另一个环境的基础。但是本人感觉,中国的发展速度很快就能赶超澳洲了,连老外都是这么和我说。
一般留学生都是自己share room的
homestay我不喜欢
太受限制了
种族歧视当然是存在的
但是澳洲本身华人也多
所以并不太明显

一万个同意!!!!
“我觉得在澳洲没有什么大的发展前途”尤其是这句话,打到心里去了!!
引用

xliz@2003-09-13 18:47

引用
最初由 neofreestyler 发布

yes i am.
u in usyd too?

yes ar.. that's why i asked u...
i read that article when i was having lunch in wentworth...
引用

lcp@2003-09-13 21:28

引用

我在澳洲都2年了,觉得还不错。
我的手机是签的,用着还不错;ADSL也装了差不错半年了,以前是挺贵的,但是现在也便宜了很多了;谁说澳洲没有地方玩呀??PUB,DISCO,KTV……什么都有,中国有的这里基本上都有,中国没有的这里也有——红灯区!不过我是在悉尼,其他地方……我不清楚
至于歧视,我还没有见过,我和他们处得还不错,其实他们很多人都是很好的,素质很高,但当然也有例外的啦!

这里烦的是夏天的苍蝇!!那可真是恐怖!!!

I had same experience as you.

I stayed in Melbourne for 5 years.
引用

lcp@2003-09-13 21:32

You all are very lucky at least you can talk over here.

You uncle me , heihei , slept 12 hours per day.
引用

hactor@2003-09-13 23:26

引用
最初由 37degrees 发布
我在澳洲都2年了,觉得还不错。
我的手机是签的,用着还不错;ADSL也装了差不错半年了,以前是挺贵的,但是现在也便宜了很多了;谁说澳洲没有地方玩呀??PUB,DISCO,KTV……什么都有,中国有的这里基本上都有,中国没有的这里也有——红灯区!不过我是在悉尼,其他地方……我不清楚
至于歧视,我还没有见过,我和他们处得还不错,其实他们很多人都是很好的,素质很高,但当然也有例外的啦!

这里烦的是夏天的苍蝇!!那可真是恐怖!!!

红灯区......上次我的朋友就要拉我去......汗,
外国人的思想还真是不太一样
引用

初级菜鸟@2003-09-14 15:09

澳洲阿~~
两个字可以概括拉~~~郁闷~~`
55555555555~~
引用

Harmatia@2003-09-14 17:50

中国怎么没有红灯区了..............
引用