『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>about war

about war

jingwen@2003-04-03 21:24

From Japanese woman author Kyoko Mori’s novel-One Bird

“Soldiers in Manchuria did not spare the people there. They killed women, children, old men and women. They burned down the villages. I can’t say that my brother never did anything wrong. He, too, might have killed someone’s sister, someone’s child or grandmother. At very least, he must have watched other soldiers kill defenseless people. He didn’t try to stop them. That doesn’t mean that he deserved to die. Still, it’s wrong to think of him as a hero. My parents insist that Susumu was just another victim of the war, like the people who died from the firebombs dropped in Kobe. But Susumu was a soldier. He went to the war, prepared not only to die but to kill. He was not like the firebomb victims, who were not soldiers, who never killed anyone. I wouldn’t be honoring my brother’s memory if I lied and made him out to be a hero or an innocent victim. Nobody is completely innocent in war- even those of us who stay at home and support it or don’t oppose it hard enough.”
引用

ThunderBird@2003-04-03 22:12

WHAT IS THIS FOR? PROTEST?
引用

myrion@2003-04-04 01:21

i am just wondering about the responsibility of a soldier. invade or protect? finally, the people become the victims of a war.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-04 01:33

Amreican citizens have a fault. They don't oppose the war hard enough.
Many American think the war is good for U.S. economy.
引用

myrion@2003-04-04 04:52

引用
最初由 jingwen 发布

i do not think so.
no businessmen whom i know thought the war will access benefits. i also query wherever they got the poll. so weird.
引用

jingwen@2003-04-04 07:16

引用
最初由 myrion 发布
i am just wondering about the responsibility of a soldier. invade or protect? finally, the people become the victims of a war.

it's hard to say
which one is right, which one is not?
引用

jingwen@2003-04-05 02:42

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

i do not think so.
no businessmen whom i know thought the war will access benefits. i also query wherever they got the poll. so weird.

anyway, if the war won't give America benifts, the war won't break.
引用

whatever@2003-04-05 03:59

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
最初由 jingwen 发布
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not all of American citizens think like that. Many Americans hate war, and they oppose the war as hard as they can. But Bush and many Senate and Representor in Congress think that war is good for US economy. But actually people are the victims of the war. And those people who think the war is good for economy, never realize that the was is also bad for economy.
引用

shaka@2003-04-06 14:43

concentrated gains, diffuse cost.

those who profit from the war (esp. the oil firms and weapon makers have their potential gains so huge that they will ENSURE the war will take place.

whereas those who denounce the war do not really stand to lose much. Their main justification is on moral grounds. This may lead them to stage some protests, but they will never have the incentive to BRIBE Bush into giving up the war.

The war is likely to have a positive effect on the U.S. economy, though the extent is unclear. It is unlikely to be bad to the economy, unless it is prolonged.
引用

bbqbbqbb@2003-04-06 14:47

i think America attack iraq is just want to seize the oil of iraq
引用

jingwen@2003-04-08 00:43

引用
最初由 bbqbbqbb 发布
i think America attack iraq is just want to seize the oil of iraq
That's quite true.The oil of mideast attract so many hawks.
引用

goddesschi@2003-04-08 01:12

走錯地方了~~~大家慢慢聊^^|||
引用

mirabell@2003-04-08 10:51

in america, the war is called "operation iraqi freedom", to free the iraqi people from the evil reign of the dictator, and more than 70% of the people support the war (according to CNN) all you see on tv is how brave the american soldiers are, and how they help people and provide humanitarian aid. I wonder what they show on Arab television, must be a different story. Just think a lot of the suffering is caused by America.
引用

WINGX@2003-04-08 14:13

The poll could be man-made and used by someone who want to get more profit from the War with Iraqi such as OIL , The Operation of Mideast , etc...
引用

xxiong@2003-04-08 15:54

引用
最初由 myrion 发布

war equals death. as the truth, innocent people die the most in a war. no one can control that. soldiers only listen to their commander, what can they do? they don't have souls. pity those innocent people......
引用

«12»共2页