『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>[请教]few questions about d ..

[请教]few questions about diversity

dmd216@2004-01-30 12:51

what is diversity? What it means to you?

How do religions affect culture in the classroom?

As a teacher, what should you do? and can you do anything about it?
引用

Harmatia@2004-01-30 13:32

Your questions seem quite vague. It would help if you can offer some context.
引用

Lizard@2004-01-30 14:13

im so used to live with diversity...since there are all kinds of races around me

to me,multiculture is great as long as racism doesn't exist
引用

emb422@2004-01-31 12:32

I do not think diversity should have anything to do with education because that what we gain in schools and colleges are not prejudiced against a race or a religion. All people should be equal before education, despite whether they're minority or not. When people apply for colleges, minorities should not have an advantage over the majority because of "enforced diversity". Enforced diversity is an unnature act that destroys all intergrety of diversity itself.
引用

dmd216@2004-01-31 14:53

I feel the same way as you do.

This is the first assignment from my professor, that's all the hints we got from him.

quite a few people are wondering what the professor is up to..

引用
最初由 Harmatia 发布
Your questions seem quite vague. It would help if you can offer some context.
引用

dmd216@2004-01-31 15:02

agree with your opinion. but, first take a look at what's happening in the education system right now.

and can you talk a little about how religion affect culture in the classroom?

引用
最初由 emb422 发布
I do not think diversity should have anything to do with education because that what we gain in schools and colleges are not prejudiced against a race or a religion. All people should be equal before education, despite whether they're minority or not. When people apply for colleges, minorities should not have an advantage over the majority because of "enforced diversity". Enforced diversity is an unnature act that destroys all intergrety of diversity itself.
引用

1111111@2004-01-31 16:06

...this seem like an essay question...

I support diversity (but it doesn't mean I would do anything to improve it)
引用

Harmatia@2004-01-31 18:55

引用
最初由 dmd216 发布
I feel the same way as you do.

This is the first assignment from my professor, that's all the hints we got from him.

quite a few people are wondering what the professor is up to..

Then I would suggest go talking to the professor if possible. ^^
引用