重影@2004-06-10 14:34

UC并不难考,当然GPA和SAT还是越高越好,此外还需要一些社区活动的经历
总之,公立大学要比私立的要求少一些
引用

meteor007@2004-06-10 16:51

加大? 除了berkeley,其余都很容易进去了。 问题系怎么混出来而已.
引用

Harmatia@2004-06-11 00:54

UC is not that hard if you are in-state...even Berkeley.... I've met some Berkeley kids who seriously make me FT.
引用

重影@2004-06-11 01:25

楼主现在12年级吗?有特别想去哪所UC吗?
引用

beidog@2004-06-11 03:17

引用
最初由 重影 发布
楼主现在12年级吗?有特别想去哪所UC吗?
过了summer就是了啊~还没有什么打算~不过进Berkeley就没什么想过!住在SF的说~~~~
引用

meteor007@2004-06-11 06:31

好像现在UC 都尽量地减少收freshman, 而多收转校的junior 学生 因为经费的问题.
引用

myrion@2004-06-11 06:58

原來是under的阿 那偶就不清楚了:o:o

不過各分校今年因為經費問題減少招收學生人數是真的
這樣算起來會比往年要困難一點@_@
引用

i am a uc student

standoffish@2004-06-11 13:05

uc is sofa king expensive. the terminator has recently approved a series of fee hikes that made me feel like getting f in the a, without any lubricant. fortunately the state
grants cover the increases, or else i will have to turn tricks. damn
republicans and their 'trickle-down economics'

back to the topic. when i got into uci, or 'university of chinese immigrant', i only got a
measly 1230 on sat. my gpa was like 3.8, which is not exactly eye-snatching.
ucla rejected my sorry ass. but uci, being the lowest ranking school in the entire uc system, accepted me. to be honest uci really is just a party school, but for the graduate department it's
a different story. it's perfect for you if you plan to slack off a litte in your undergrad years.

i highly recommend uci as your safety school. its admission standard is surprisingly lax for a uc-brand name; they don't care about your grades, instead they simply want you to pay up with the tuition. who can blame them. i mean it's not like uci has a reputation to protect.

p.s. if you don't qualify for financial aids, consider going to a community college first and later transfer to a better college. that way not only can your save a bundle, you can also skip a lot of 'breadth classes'. but of course for this plan to work you need to be damn good as a student
引用

important note

standoffish@2004-06-11 13:37

by the way after you are matriculated you will be required to take a writing proficiency exam named 'subject a'.

please do not take this exam lightly!!!
i cannot overstate its importance. if you fail it you can expect to spend your college years in misery.

they will have you enrolled in esl classes that will take up much of your time. my roommate dropped out because of this.

sadly a lot of intelligent, studious chinese immigrants got their balls broken in subject a.
getting esl'ed to death is a really danger!
引用