『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>[原创]Time and Memory 犬 ..

[原创]Time and Memory 犬夜叉外传的一个附录(带rin-chan帮我的翻译)

Bobbysoft@2004-08-05 11:42

Appendix3

This appendix is for Rin-chan, one of my best friends in the Internet, as the emails I promised, to share our feelings and loves about the characters in Inuyasha and the bounty of having a chance to read it.
Time and Memory

One of my classmates told me about his experience on the last vacation when I arrived at school, enjoying the grandeur of Niagara Falls. "It's really gorgeous!" he said while calculatedly circumventing my envious eyes, "It's really deserved visiting and I'll probably never forget it, you know, when I got there and felt the power of the nature, the only consciousness that I carried was happiness and consternation.” he continued his topic without a sign of end, but I was called away. Yes, memories, how long will them last? I don't know, but time is bound to dilute it as what it has already done to all of ours if we don't do anything. Such a kind of rule is so whenever how reluctant we are, but this doesn't mean we can do nothing.

One day (about two years and three months ago), my younger sister and I met accidentally at my uncle's house. She carried one of the books of Inuyasha with her. “Wanna have a look?” she asked, “Okay!” yep, this reply made my acquaintance with Inuyasha.

“Hey, are you listening to me?" My classmate's voice disrupt my thought, “I'm sorry, I was absentminded. “Never mind.” he smiled and said, “I've got a present for you.” He opened his bag and gave me a book--Norwegian Wood. “It's written by a Japanese guy, I figured that you would like it.” “Thank you very much, Tony.” I smiled back although I had never heard of it before. Then, I began to read the preface: “I do need that time, though, for Naoko's face to appear. And as the years have passed, the time has grown longer. The sad truth is that what I could recall in five seconds all too soon needed ten, then thirty, and then a full minute-like shadows lengthening at dusk. Someday, I suppose, the shadows will be swallowed in darkness.” “Recall”, this word constrain me to return to the former ponder.

For the book was not the first one, I couldn't understand the content well, but I learned off the title-Inuyasha. After two months without a little attention to it, I went to the mainland to celebrate the Spring Festival with my relations where I met Inuyasha again, on the hogmanay of 2002.That day I bought 19 video records in a small grocery with great fortune for it was the only shop that sold Inuyasha at that time, and spent the whole night watching them. I envy those people who can forget the plot they've already made acquainted quickly for reabsorbing in the process of watching or reading is a lavish enjoyment just as the process I experienced that day, one of my happiest days.

When I was in the middle school, I met Ranma, also a character portrayed by Rumiko, whom I thought I liked after a few books reading. But that kind of feeling disappeared quickly just as rubeola in a child. Even so, there were inevitable some reasons that caused the affection.

At that early night, I acted as a beholder watching the story of Inuyasha without an obsession with it. Then something crouched in my mind emerged out, my core values on love which were aroused by the loyal and devotional spirits in both Inuyasha and Kagome. Now I figured that I fully understand the instant feeling about Ranma – he shares some similarities with Inuyasha albeit they are not enough to me. Then, gradually, I take my roll as Kagome because I’ve found the man I have been longing for.

I felt a little hungry, and then I stood up, headed to a deli nearby for some food. On my way there, I met Mandparn. “Hi!” he grinned and asked, supposedly pretending to be debonair. “Hi.” I replied with a deadpan and then got away. “Lee, why are you so inhospitable to him?” Katerla halted me and said. “Really? Inhospitable? Maybe I don’t like these dandies like him.” “Oh, he it not that bad, you know, he…” “…has changed 3 girl friends, right?” I cut in, “ Well, it’s true but… yeah, I know you, how about YOUR Inuyasha?” “ He is FINE, thank you.” We joked with happiness. She is one of my best friends and she knows me well. Then I found myself a seat, sat down in the shafts of sunshine and continued my thought in the postcard images of spring.

I was not a sentimental person. My tears seldom welled up because of novels and movies, but that time, when I saw that Inuyasha was going to give up his love on Kagome to protect Kikyo, I cried. I cried like a sap even all my friends came and asked me what was wrong. And, of course, I began to adore Kagome for she carries such a kind of heart that can permit two women simultaneously existing in Inuyasha’s heart, and I also benefited a lot from her that are honorable, useful and that enlightened me on devotion, and that helped me established some of my core values.

“Five seconds, ten, and thirty …” I read this sentence again, and I knew that I differed most from the author when it came to managing our memories. I tended to be positive while the author seemed to be more negative. To me, there certainly exit laws to rule our memories, to strengthen them, and to etch them in our cerebra. Association and repetition are two of them, and above all, you need constant desire and determination to memorize what you want to remember. I thought that there was no need to explain repetition for nearly all of us had suffered rote. A clue can help us especially when it is ridiculous or logical. For example, the word “cornucopia” is hard to bear in mind just by repetition, but if we recognize that “cornucopia” is similar to “corn + copious (=abundant)”, we will easily learn it by heart. Another typical example is a learning method in scientific study. If we know the logical structure of the theory, which shows the deductive or inductive process of it, it will be much easier for us to recall the whole theory. The last thing that I want to accentuate is that desire and determination are prerequisite, which means that if any of them is lost, no effect will exist at all.

Let’s come back to my experience that day. Wind blew then, which brought me the smell of soil of the grove behind and soothed and filled me. I love wind, not only because it’s a part of nature, but it has some connection with Inuyasha. Yes, he always uses wind as blade and dog is also the proxy for wind in an ancient legend.

After I finished all the books of Inuyasha I could find, I stepped up to the Internet where I found both the latest chapters and people who were like me—we were all taken fancy by the manga. Every time I logged into Inuyashabbs or Popgo, I could feel a kind of abandon, dainty abandon, which also leaded me to a bit of violent emotion and confusion when I logged out. In fact, those Inuyasha fans in the internet are also doing the same thing—continuously reinforcing their memories no matter they are conscious or not.

Maybe this kind of leaping style has made you troubled, I’m not too thrilled either, because the content that can be written down is too much, so much that I can’t reveal them all in this little appendix and some of it is only for me. ^_^ I just want to show you my attitude towards memories, especially about Inuyasha—we can resist the dilution to our memories derived from time although it sounds surreal. If you still don’t believe it, please ask me any questions about Inuyasha 20 years later, you can be assured of satisfactory answers.

Kagomelee
Monday, April 26, 2004
引用

Bobbysoft@2004-08-05 11:45

附录三[译文]

时间与记忆
翻译:Rin-chan

我到学校的时候,一个同学跟我说起他上次度假的愉快经历。他去了著名的尼亚加拉大瀑布。

“太壮观了!”他一边说,一边得意地注视着我充满嫉妒的目光。“那儿真的值得一去!我永远也忘不了,你知道,当我站在那里感受着自然的伟大力量时,我的心里只有震惊与快乐。”他继续无休止地谈论着这个话题,但我却想开了。

是的,记忆,——它们究竟能维持多久呢?我不知道。但是时间会冲淡一切。如果我们不做点什么,时间就会改变记忆,正如它已改变我们生活的其他部分一样。这样的规律永远存在,无论我们有多么的不情愿。但这并不意味着我们对此无能为力。

大约是在两年零三个月之前的某一天,我在伯父家碰见了我的妹妹。她当时正随身带着一本《犬夜叉》。“想看看吗?”她问我。“好啊!”——是的,就这样,我认识了犬夜叉。

“嘿!你在听我讲吗?”那个同学打断了我的思绪。

“对不起,我刚才出了一会儿神。”

“没关系,”他笑着说,“我有礼物要给你。”

他打开他的书包,拿出一本书来给我——《挪威的森林》。

“是个日本人写的。我想你会喜欢它。”

“谢谢你,Tony。”尽管我从没听说过这本书,我还是对他笑了笑。然后,我便开始读第一章。

为使直子的面影在我脑海中浮现出来,我总是需要一点时间。而且,随着岁月的流逝,所需的时间愈来愈长。这固然令人悲哀,但事实就是如此。起初5秒即可想起,渐次变成10秒、30秒、1分钟。它延长得那样迅速,竟同夕阳下的阴影一般,并将很快消融在冥冥夜色之中。

“想起”,——这个词使我又回到了先前的思绪。

由于那不是第一本,我不很明白其中的内容和情节,但我记住了它的名字——《犬夜叉》。之后的两个月我便再没有看过,直到我回大陆来过春节时,我才再次与犬夜叉相遇。这一次,是在2002年的大年夜。

那天,我在一家小店买到了19张《犬夜叉》的VCD。我很幸运,因为在当时当地,出售《犬夜叉》的店铺只此一家。我看了整整一通宵,嫉妒着那些能很快忘掉自己所看过的情节的人们,因为他们能反复享受再次被同一情节吸引的奢侈的乐趣。

那一天,我也体会到了这种乐趣。那是我最快乐的日子之一。

中学的时候我遇见了乱马。他也是留美子笔下的人物。读过几本书之后,我觉得我喜欢上了他,但那种感觉很快就消失了。不过,即便如此,当时所产生的热情也一定有出于某种原因。

那晚的早些时候,我一直以一个冷静的旁观者身份来对待《犬夜叉》故事的发展。可后来,某些深藏在我脑海中的东西开始缓缓地突现——我对爱的价值观被犬夜叉和戈薇的忠诚与自我牺牲所唤醒。那一刻,我终于明白了我对乱马的短暂感觉——他与犬夜叉有共同之处,但他所拥有的东西对我来说却远远不够。再后来,我开始渐渐把自己当作是戈薇,因为我终于找到了我一直所渴望找到的人。

我觉得有点饿了,于是起身去买点吃的。在往小店的路上我遇见了Mandparn。

“嗨!”他笑着打招呼,装作很有风度的样子。

“嗨。”我面无表情地应了一声便走开了。

“Lee,你为什么总是对他这么冷淡呢?”Katerla问我。

“是吗?冷淡……?也许是因为我不喜欢他那样的花花公子吧。”

“哦……但他并没那么坏的,你知道,他……”

“……已经换了三个女朋友,对吧?”我打断她。

“恩,那倒是真的,不过……好吧,我了解你。那么,
你的犬夜叉最近还好吧?”

“他
很好,谢谢。”

我们高兴地开着玩笑。——她是我最好的朋友之一,也非常了解我。

我找了个位子坐下,在春天的阳光和如画的景色中继续想自己的心事。

我不是个多愁善感的人。我极少为小说或电影里的故事落泪。但那一次,当我看到犬夜叉决定为保护桔梗而放弃对戈薇的爱时,我哭了。我哭得如此伤心以致于所有的朋友都过来安慰我,问我究竟发生了什么事。当然,我开始钦佩戈薇,因为她善良的心竟能容忍犬夜叉的心中同时有两个女人存在。我从她那里收获了许多——高尚的东西,有用的东西,对奉献的感悟,还有帮助我建立核心价值观的标准。

“5秒,10秒,30秒……”我反复地念着这一句,知道在对待记忆方面,我与这本书的作者有着本质的不同——我倾向于积极的态度,而他似乎更消极一些。在我看来,我们的记忆是受某些规律所控制的,通过这些规律的使用,我们可以增强记忆,将它们铭刻在心。

联想和重复就是两个好办法,但首先,你必须有持久的渴望和决心去记住你所想要记住的东西。我想我没有必要解释重复记忆的逻辑道理,因为我们都体会过背诵的滋味。至于联想,是指我们常常可以通过一些线索来记忆,无论我们想记住的东西是否合乎逻辑。比如“cornucopia(丰富)”这个词,仅仅通过重复是很难记住的,但如果我们将它拆开,“cornucopia”就与“corn(玉米) + copious(=abundant,充足的)”十分相似。这样一来,我们就很容易记住了。

另一个典型的例子是理科学习中的一个常用学习方法。任何理论的逻辑结构都会给出它自身的归纳或演绎过程。如果我们理解了这个结构,那么我们就可以轻松地回忆起整个理论。

我想强调的最后一点是,渴望与决心是必不可少的先决条件。如果失去他们中的任何一个,所有的努力都不会产生任何效果。

让我们再回到那天的经历来吧。风起的时候,我闻到了身后园林泥土的芳香。这让我感到平静而安慰。我喜欢风,不仅因为它属于自然,还因为它与犬夜叉的关联。是的,他总是以风为刃,而且在古代传说里,犬是风的象征。

当我看完了我所能找到的全部《犬夜叉》,我上网查到了最新的连载,同时也见到了许许多多和我一样的漫迷。每一次我登陆漫游犬夜叉或漫游酷论坛,我都能体会到一种放任的感觉,微妙而美好,令我在退出的时候还保留着一丝狂热与迷惑。其实,那些网络中的犬夜叉迷们也在和我做着同样的事——我们都在有意无意中不断地强化自己的记忆。

也许这篇文章的跳跃性思维会让你感到混乱,而我自己也有些意犹未尽,因为想说的话真的太多太多,以致于我无法在这篇短短的附录里逐一描述。况且,其中的一些,是写给我自己看的。^_^

我只想让你知道我对记忆的看法,尤其是关于犬夜叉的记忆。我们能阻止时间的淡化,尽管这听起来有些不现实。但如果你仍不相信我说的话,那么,请你在二十年后再来问我关于犬夜叉的任何问题吧。——你一定能从我这儿得到最满意的回答。

Kagomelee

2004年4月26日

译者注:文中蓝色部分引自《挪威的森林》林少华译本第一章。

顺便问一声,这里有会日文的么?现在漫游犬夜叉-动谩飞扬连载制作组招募翻译中~~~
引用

seiyafan@2004-08-05 13:25

写得很好,建议加“精”
引用

雷 雷@2004-08-07 08:29

顺便问一声,这里有会日文的么?现在漫游犬夜叉-动谩飞扬连载制作组招募翻译中~~~
=====
修改一下吧。。呵呵。。