『漫游』酷论坛>『海外生活』>been kicked out by out landla ..

been kicked out by out landlady >__<

风之阡陌@2005-01-05 00:00

What a new year >_<

We are now sharing a house with a landlady.
My parents and I use two rooms and she uses the other one. Because we are buying a house and the process takes time, we expect to move to the house that we're buying the end of January.

At first she's really nice and stuff when only my mother lived there, but after me and my father also moved in, she started to actually feel the inconvinience of having a whole family squeazing into HER HOUSE.

Yesterday my father brought his friend into our room, and that friend is a typical Chinese person, not caring about smoking - - he smoked and stayed for about one or two hours.

Swear to God, we never knew that decent British people hate others to smoke in the room...

Then the landlady really got crossed, saying that "He(my father) has to ask permission before bringing someone in! ", "He's got no right to let that person smoke in MY HOUSE!"

After that she said to me that she wants my father to leave Immediately ("TONIGHT"). But after my mother comes back from work, she said that she wanted the whole family to be out!! Just on that night!

SO what?

> She said: you can find a HOTEL to stay in, and pick up your stuff tomorrow to find another house. I want you to leave.

OK, dear, as a landlady, no matter how mad you are, you have to give at least ONE WEEK notice. Don't you know that it costs at least one week to sort out to rent a proper house through the agency?

Plus, we are a family with LOADS of stuff. You expect us to stay in a tiny hotel with all the desks and TV and computer stuff?

However, there's no contract between the landlady and us - - it's private renting. So we can't really do anything.

Today is the first day of school for me, but I have to give it up and run up and down in the town centre with my mother to find a place to stay in for the next few weeks.

Don't worry people, we've finally find a big house to live in Epping. It is a bit expensive (three room house) and very far from the place we work and study, but at least, we are FREE.

I just wonder, why did she have the right to order us to go in such a hurry.

And, goddamn it, why did we have to ....

Ijyou deshita.
引用

霸王哆啦@2005-01-05 00:55

Of course her RIGHT comes from HER house-__-
That's always so bothersome to get along with your landlord.
Fortunately you and your parents had YOUR OWN house to live,then you people will get the equal RIGHT to kick others out.
Never mind the last sentence is just kidding .
引用

Re: been kicked out by out landlady >__<

Blanche@2005-01-05 02:08

引用
最初由 风之阡陌 发布

I just wonder, why did she have the right to order us to go in such a hurry.

And, goddamn it, why did we have to ....

Ijyou deshita.

every time when renting a house or room...contract is a MUST!
if you didn't sign a contract, that means you would like to bear all sudden affairs and your rights would not be protected....
引用

Ammy@2005-01-05 04:11

I agree with you, the landlady should at least give a week notice to find another place. A contract is always a must in renting a place. Sort of reminds me of my Business Law professor...
引用

Lizard@2005-01-05 04:34

i dunno how british tenant law is like, but as long as u guys don't have any legal ducument between each other, she is probably wining the lawsuit in court

i feel sorry for u,,so where r u living now?
引用

Novia@2005-01-05 05:25

偶也素私下租的啦......不过偶的房东还算比较nice了..........

不过上次偶爸在这里抽烟.....他们也马上下来说偶们.....女主人说她有病...所以no smoking in their house~~~~~发现外国人都蛮讨厌烟的..........

其实偶蛮同意这句话的....."Then the landlady really got crossed, saying that "He(my father) has to ask permission before bringing someone in! ", "He's got no right to let that person smoke in MY HOUSE!""...............
但下面的 Immediately就不敢恭维了...............- -||||||||||||
引用

kakashi@2005-01-05 07:54

感覺像是抓狂的英國女人...有點神經質...要人馬上走,也真是太不近人情了.
引用

风之阡陌@2005-01-05 19:02

A hahahahaha, the best thing ever happened.

By the end of the day, we finally found a place to stay, and went back to pick up our property. You know what? She'd already packed and thrown everything in her back garden, and changed her lock!

And, it was so dramatic because it was raining very hard. All my books, Japanese CDs (>__<) were sort of wet, and I'm afraid the computer got wet too. (That would be too bad...)

We had to transfer everything to the side of the road to wait for our friends' car, which would come in another half an hour. My coat and trousers got muddy and stuff. The landlady just looked down to us from her window......!

Then two policemen came. (She rang for them) And, they said the same thing as you guys told me - - - - - - because it was only a verbal contract, she can alter anything she said before, so she can do what she want in her house.

Plus, my mother got really really angry when she saw everything in the back garden in rain, so she started shouting "I''ll smash your house.." stuff like that. The policemen also reminded her that, she could get arrested if she started threatening people = = (seriously I never knew that)

I think we got taught a big law lesson yesterday. = =

The landlady finally only returned half of the deposit = = we lost more than 100 pounds, and some of our glasses was smashed, some books got to a terrible state.

Yes, from now on, we have to keep "written contract" in mind.

I sort of blamed my mother for her shouting the day before, she at first said that "I will feel wo1 nang4 later if I don't shout to her, when she unfairly asked us to leave.". I replied: "But don't you feel even more wo1 nang4 that everything got wet in the rain?"

Yup, guys, you can act cool if you encounter such matter from now on = =
引用

霸王哆啦@2005-01-05 19:40

Whatever,lack of paperbase contract caused your current situation,that's undoubted.Beside that,your landlady was too much.Sure i couldn't be calm if what you are suffering happend on me or somebody else,some of us may burn her loved house out,no matter be kick back to china or not.
引用

kakashi@2005-01-06 01:46

真是恐怖的女人...把你們踼出來已經夠狠了,還在下雨天,把你們的東西都丟出來. -_-|||
引用

Blanche@2005-01-06 03:11

actually if you go to the court , the landlady won't necessarily be able to win.
because she escaped to pay the income tax by not signing a contract with you~ :)
引用

Lizard@2005-01-06 03:19

引用
最初由 Blanche 发布
actually if you go to the court , the landlady won't necessarily be able to win.
because she escaped to pay the income tax by not signing a contract with you~ :)
:o :o
she might got another charge regarding to that, but then it's a total different issue

verbal harassment is a very serious issue
a student from my high skool got kicked out by police caz he threated someone
引用

Novia@2005-01-06 05:29

i wonder....如果你们家3口人就是不走......她能如何?.....call the police?.....那她私租房子的事不就曝光了...........
引用

mingo@2005-01-06 12:09

引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
:o :o
she might got another charge regarding to that, but then it's a total different issue

verbal harassment is a very serious issue
a student from my high skool got kicked out by police caz he threated someone
I got suspended for 3 days in my senior year for saying "What f___" in front of a gym teacher. =_=
引用

Lizard@2005-01-07 08:02

引用
最初由 mingo 发布
I got suspended for 3 days in my senior year for saying "What f___" in front of a gym teacher. =_=
"What f___"好像不是很顺啊

我有个朋友的导师 上课狂爆粗
引用

«12»共2页