An English thread, hope everybody enjoy it

楼层直达
级别: 风云使者
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
I suggest , in this paster( just this one), let's talk in English ,don't tall Chinese. Well, maybe that's a little bit unfair, but I think, not all the people in here are good in English , some of us are still suck. So, we gotta practice and pratice. Well you may care about the gramma or the spelling, here is what my English and my French teacher said to me, "you don't need to care about gramma, you just practice, practice practice. Language is like music, the more you practice, the more you improve. Do you care about the gramma when you're a baby and you were learning how to talk?"

So, forget about the gramma, just talk whatever you want. And we also could share our school lives here, or you would write your diary here(just like me), you could complain here, and it's cool to keep writing something in English, that actually could improve your writing a lot.

人的价值不在于身份也不在于财富, 而在于那个人心灵的美丽与高尚; 望你能与受伤的人一起流泪, 成为悲伤的人心灵的支柱.

可口可乐, 你神了厂(腹拜ing..........)
级别: 新手上路
注册时间:
2004-09-06
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 781楼 发表于: 2005-11-26
Things will eventually work out...be optimistic!
级别: 元老
注册时间:
2002-10-03
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 780楼 发表于: 2005-11-22
引用
最初由 MasterChoi 发布
o man... I am so worried about my future... I want a job but then I always can't get things that I want..
try to work step by step, u might find it more enjoyable:p
gl~

"Never apologize for saying what you feel. It's like apologizing for being real."
注册时间:
2004-07-09
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 779楼 发表于: 2005-11-21
o man... I am so worried about my future... I want a job but then I always can't get things that I want..
级别: 侠客
注册时间:
2003-04-24
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 778楼 发表于: 2005-11-20
many converstions like in the battle!!!

to be, or not to be
Hamlet
注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 777楼 发表于: 2005-11-18
Is this topic being revived? I haven't seen this for half a year now.

Anyway; for all purposes life goes well. College is busy, tough, loaded with endless work, but nonetheless enjoyable: there are just so many things one can do here.

So here's some updates:
Concerning the Way:

(obviously nothing can be said about it, or else it won't be eternal)

Concerning the Mean:
To balance between despair and hope is indeed tough; there's still too much attachment to the illusions. Indeed, when facing quite endless amount of work it's easier to confront excess with another form of excess, in the form of indulging ephemeral pleasure (playing mafia all night, then eat breakfast at 9:00 AM before going to sleep), rather than engaging in activity that cultivates the higher part of the soul.

Concerning Happiness:
"Happiness", as Aristotle says, ought to be an end onto itself and a continual process rather than an instantaneous moment of pleasure. Therefore, for all intents and purposes, I wouldn't be considered happy 'til the moment of death. However, I surely feel content--quite fulfilled--here: I'm learning things, making new friends, and attending different activities. If my life were to end now, I'd be glad to say that despite all the mishaps and the sufferings, life is happy.

also...
引用
最初由 kagawa 发布
what can you do with a economics degree?

Apparently a good deal of students here graduate with that particular thing and become a drone to the system: they join the i-banking or consulting club, work 16 hours a day, make 1-3 million USD in 8 years or so... but, by the end of the 8-10 years, they are completely drained...

'vanitas vanitatum dixit Ecclesiastes vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas. '
-Ecclesiastes 1:2

'Act as if the maxim of thy action were to become a universal law of nature'
-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
注册时间:
2002-10-03
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 776楼 发表于: 2005-11-11
引用
最初由 whatever 发布

Of course, first year, you live on campus, meeting so much new people, and most of people are nice. 2nd year, you live off campus, you are kinda far away from your friends, and stuff like that. first year of everything is always the best.
:eek: I think u misunderstood my sentences:o
I lub my 2nd year <3

"Never apologize for saying what you feel. It's like apologizing for being real."
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 775楼 发表于: 2005-11-10
引用
最初由 Lizard 发布
same here buddy
but i like my 2nd year much better than frosh year

Of course, first year, you live on campus, meeting so much new people, and most of people are nice. 2nd year, you live off campus, you are kinda far away from your friends, and stuff like that. first year of everything is always the best.

注册时间:
2002-10-03
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 774楼 发表于: 2005-11-09
same here buddy
but i like my 2nd year much better than frosh year

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 773楼 发表于: 2005-11-09
How is college for everybody?? It's so much funs and pains for me. I love it and hate it at the same time. Everyday is new and rich, never feel boring, though I was dying with my tests, and papers.

注册时间:
2005-05-30
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 772楼 发表于: 2005-05-31
what can you do with a economics degree?

注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 771楼 发表于: 2005-05-08
Concerning economics, I don't find it "not interesting". In fact, I like what it so far, from the material I've already learned (AP Macro& Microeconomics).

I still like history the best, especially European history from antiquity to 1918. But I am afriad I cannot concentrate just in history, for it really does not provide that many career opportunities without the worries of financial security... I think I haven't lose my reason yet, or perhaps it's only my ignorance, that led me to the "practical" path. I hope that whatever I will do under the name of pragmatism will not devoid the values behind learning...

-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
注册时间:
2005-03-06
在线时间:
119小时
发帖:
只看该作者 770楼 发表于: 2005-05-07
引用
最初由 emb422 发布
Actually, I am not yet a college student, at least, for another 3 months or so. However, upon entering college, I am thinking about concentrating, or majoring in Economics, perhaps in a joint program with either History or Government.

And.. yes... it's quite rare that you will hear such optimistic remarks from me...

Really? I don't know that. In fact, I like your motto too...
About the major, I am majoring in international economics and trade, and I think it is a good choice to study economics, and you will not regret it even if you find it's not so interesting...+_=

Serenity.
注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 769楼 发表于: 2005-05-07
Actually, I am not yet a college student, at least, for another 3 months or so. However, upon entering college, I am thinking about concentrating, or majoring in Economics, perhaps in a joint program with either History or Government.

And.. yes... it's quite rare that you will hear such optimistic remarks from me...

-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
注册时间:
2005-03-06
在线时间:
119小时
发帖:
只看该作者 768楼 发表于: 2005-05-07
emb422, that's really wonderful sayings...
very beautiful languages as well... applauding...
mind my asking about ur major? +_=

Serenity.
快速回复

限150 字节
上一个 下一个