-_,- Chinatown can get soooo crowded...

楼层直达
级别: 工作组
注册时间:
2003-05-29
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
Yesterday I went to Chinatown with my friend to see the marching...

We arrived quite early, and I was puzzled by the large number of policemen/women. But soon I understood why....

There were just PEOPLE and PEOPLE behind the barriers on Charing Cross Lane (forgot the road's name, but it's the link between Leicester Square and Trafalgar Square). Free gifts were given to them, such as a little flag for 2008 Beijing, a rainbow-coloured Chinese knot and a jade Chinese knot.

I felt disappointed when I found that the distributors only gave these gifts to foreigners (I mean, non-Chinese), sort of ignored us >_< (but finally I got that beautiful rainbow-coloured Chinese knot!)

And it went actually crazy when the marching ended in a stage set up in Trafalgar Square. I was quite near the stage, along with many reporters and cameras = = when I turned back, WOOO, I saw MILLIONS of people in the square!!! (Then I began to worry how I could get out and have my lunch)

Me and that girl got sort of bored by the endless speeches on the stage by various officers = = so we found out way out and marched towards Chinatown....... Ah, there were even more people there! People were crazy gathering before a desk to get a free gift bag (gifts from Metropolitan Police, a hong2 bao1 containing a chocolate, a book mark and a card). Children tried to get red balloons and red stamps on hand.

When people heard that the Dragon Dance (excuse my naive translation of this) was coming, it got into a state of chaos. We were basically closely surrounded with people, breathing in their breath.... Luckily me and that girl were thin enough to squeeze against the people and got out of the crowd = =

Every Cafe / Restaurant around that area was filled with people = =

Well, loads of canned salmon in Central London yesterday then!

RURUTIA中文同盟论坛。

☆大切なのは自分がどんな場所にいるかではなくて、
 どんな場所にいても自分でいられるか、なんです☆
——ルルティア
级别: 元老
注册时间:
2002-10-03
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 1楼 发表于: 2005-02-14
For lunar new year?
that is kinda cool^^;;since i haven;t been involved in this kind of atmosphere for a long time
um~i guess the last time was in sp's concert which was...a century ago- -+

p.s.u gotta thank me for bumping(?) u post 6:36 in the morning^^!

"Never apologize for saying what you feel. It's like apologizing for being real."
级别: 骑士
注册时间:
2001-11-21
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 2楼 发表于: 2005-02-14
did u take any photo on that day? I really want to have a look~~~ ^^

高田种小麦,终久不成穗。男儿在他乡,焉得不憔悴?
级别: 工作组
注册时间:
2003-05-29
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 3楼 发表于: 2005-02-14
To Lizard:
Yup, for Chinese new year...
I don't often get involved... but in 2003 I did go to see the Anti-bush protest in Trafalgar Square. (Got quite hot blooded)

Quote:
p.s.u gotta thank me for bumping(?) u post 6:36 in the morning^^!

^^;;;; I, I can't see what you mean...??

To xliz:
My friend took loads of photos with her mobile phone and she's still transfering them into her laptop. I will try to let her get some onto the internet.

I think some photos of Peking Opera characters are worth seeing.

RURUTIA中文同盟论坛。

☆大切なのは自分がどんな場所にいるかではなくて、
 どんな場所にいても自分でいられるか、なんです☆
——ルルティア
级别: 新手上路
注册时间:
2004-09-06
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 4楼 发表于: 2005-02-17
wow! I never knew lunar new year from overseas can be that crowded...I didn't have that feeling in New York City ...while I was in Chinatown in the morning of the parade...must have missed the action or something
级别: 骑士
注册时间:
2001-11-21
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 5楼 发表于: 2005-02-17
引用
最初由 风之阡陌 发布

My friend took loads of photos with her mobile phone and she's still transfering them into her laptop. I will try to let her get some onto the internet.

I think some photos of Peking Opera characters are worth seeing.

really look forward to see those photos~~~:D

高田种小麦,终久不成穗。男儿在他乡,焉得不憔悴?
级别: 侠客
注册时间:
2003-11-15
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 6楼 发表于: 2005-02-18
If it is not crowded, then it won't be Chinatown.
级别: 侠客
注册时间:
2005-01-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 7楼 发表于: 2005-02-20
I don't go to Chinatown very often, because the security is bad over there... As for Lunar new year... I don't get a chance to go because I have school that day...

98% of teenagers does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% that hasn't, copy and paste this into your signature

注册时间:
2005-02-15
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 8楼 发表于: 2005-02-21
you don't have to type the whole article out, right? by the way, which country's chinatown is it?
注册时间:
2001-11-21
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 9楼 发表于: 2005-02-21
引用
最初由 Ammy 发布
wow! I never knew lunar new year from overseas can be that crowded...I didn't have that feeling in New York City ...while I was in Chinatown in the morning of the parade...must have missed the action or something

really? There are a lot of ppl on Canal st., attracted a lot of tourists

快速回复

限150 字节
上一个 下一个