楼层直达
级别: 侠客
注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 735楼 发表于: 2004-02-10
At least you have the urge to scream out, Whatever. That IS a fortunate thing.
Unlike you, I would keep to myself different pressure and stresss to myself. After all, it is my own doing that usually cause these stress. I would always try hard in everything, and beat my brain to death over some contraversal ideas. In the end, I became a pessimist who hasn't any hope left. I came into a realization that I cannot predict the future, yet I always do. I cannot change the past, but I'll always condamn myself for the past. I believe that I wouldn't care what others view me, yet I am just another fool who hopes to be heard. I claim that I would live by my own standard, yet I live to the expectation of others. I want to find the meaning of life and the reality, yet I would turn myself down for I belief such acts are impossible... So, what am I thinking? What am I hoping for? Why am I living? For as far as I know, I am the only one who can answer these questions--yet I cannot, for I do not truely know myself.

'vanitas vanitatum dixit Ecclesiastes vanitas vanitatum omnia vanitas. '
-Ecclesiastes 1:2

'Act as if the maxim of thy action were to become a universal law of nature'
-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
级别: 风云使者
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 736楼 发表于: 2004-02-13
You know what emb422, we are really alike, the only thing that I could think of that make us different is you are a guy, and I am a girl. So something even we are in the same situation, we may deal with it with different way, but our feeling is the same.
And what you said above is exactly what the guy come in to my school and have a speech told us. He gave us a great speech about the emotional things and some psychological stuffs that cause so musch high school or college students suicide, or abuse drugs and alcohol. He explain that from his own experiences and others experiences. When he was in high school, he was a guy just like you emb422 or me, he was the president of the class, always made good grade, the best basketball player in his school, and he had lot of friends, everybody like him, etc. And he always felt that he had to been through every problem or whatever he had on his own, and he always felt that's the way he chose. And one day he almost killed himself. But later on, he realize that he was wrong, life is not like that, no one is a super man, we can't handle everythings, we always need to talk to someone or ask someone to help you, even you're the best person in the world. I felt that what he said was really relevant to many people like us. Such as me. Although I have lot of friends, but I never get one that I think I could talk to about the deep feeling in my heart here. And since my parents can't help me at all, so I decided to been through everything by myself, and indeed I did(at least so far I did), but sometime I feel tired, I feel tired to been every problem on my own. And I am searching the meaning of living too, life is so stressful, but why I am living? What do I want to live for? And I am also a person who don't know how to compromise between two or more things that were both important. What I always do is try to do as much as I can, but it's not the best quility I can give(if I do give up one or two, I will give the best).
Indeed, I really want a close friend here that I could deeply trust, and the depend on(of couse is not depend too much).

人的价值不在于身份也不在于财富, 而在于那个人心灵的美丽与高尚; 望你能与受伤的人一起流泪, 成为悲伤的人心灵的支柱.

可口可乐, 你神了厂(腹拜ing..........)
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 737楼 发表于: 2004-02-13
Oh, one more thing. I had already cancel my AOL account, so they block my emial, and my old screen name for AIM. So "DNAngle II" is my new one for AIM, and my new email is x3Dgame@earthlink.net

And emb422, I lost your screen name and emial since I can't get on my AOL account anymore, could you give that to me again.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 738楼 发表于: 2004-02-22
Thursday Feb.19, 2004

Man! What a exhausted day! I was so glad that Emily(I am playing piano for her solo)was finally back to school since she had been sick for a week, and it's right before the district competition, and we never get together and rehearse before. Although she was still sick, and since she still could sing, we really really need to practice. Well, lucky for us, that day my 4th period teacher, which is math was not there, and our chorus teacher had nothing to do that period. So we used that period to practice and our teacher gave us great help.
One thing had been taken care, another one just coming up---Group 4! Tonight was the big night for Group 4, it's our presentation night. The funny thing was, almost every group didn't finish it, and after school we all stuck in the library and tried to get everything done. So did my group. I rushed to the library when I finished the chorus madrigal rehearsal, and tried to do whatever I can to help the group finish the presentation. Altought most of us freaked out, but we actually finished it earlier than we thought. Then, we had to get change, and eat, etc.
The presentation started at 7:30, and it's like an Science fair, everything had to be perfectional, and we had to be ready for the unexpected question from the visitors. Every group got a great presentation. And my group was really funny, because Brenen answered all the questions like a phone service, and he even sound like the guy who talking in the phone, man it's so funny. I answer some questions too, but most of the things a do was showing people picture. And the most enjoyable I showed was the one who had the clean water+ healthy seagrass on the top and Burnedatte standing in the murky water and holding some dead seagrass on the bottom. I thought everybody found that picture was funny except Burny herself(haha, I still felt that picture is funny, I may ask her to send that picture to me).
I also walked around and see other's presentation and we finally finished at 8:30. I was so exhausted after a long day, but.............it's really not fair that I had so much homework that night, and I was staying up until 1:00.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 739楼 发表于: 2004-02-22
Friday Feb.20, 2004

Gees, what another exhausted day. I was sooooooooo tired when I got home. But I am so warried about Emily's solo since she had been sick for a week and we only got together once. Worse thing was she still not sure whether she should do it or not. So I called her at 8:00 pm when she got back from the IB Epcot trip, and she told me that she had been worried for the whole day too, and she thought she was not going to make it. Well, although I was a little bit thrill out, I mean we were so close, so close, if we could practice like 1 or 2 more hours, we are ready to take the shot, I really don't underday why does her parent doesn't let her come to my house and practice, we are like 5 minutes away from each other's house. Oh well. so I just took care a homework or whatever.
At almost 10:00pm, she called me again, and now she said she want to try. Oh my goodness, ok, it will be my pleasure. So we tried to practice over the phone. It's really funny, because it's really hard to do that, I turned the volume of the phone to its max, and I still can't hear her. So, I asked my dad to hold another phone next to my ear, but it's hard to do that too, but anyway we did it, and I think she is really to take the shot, even she can't the get surprior, an excellent is possible.
Well, after she's ready, I was not, I didn't memory the songs for the madrigal, there're like 4 songs, and one is in french. Man, I had to my friend's house at 7:00 am in the morning, which mean I have to wake up at 6:00. Gees.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 740楼 发表于: 2004-02-22
Saturday, Feb 21, 2004

Oh my my my my my my! What a most energy spending day of the week! I woke up a 6:15, and got to my friend's house at 6:55. Although she get promise me that when I get there she won't come out in her pajamas, but............ Well, when I get to her house, none of the light is on, and I was hesitating about whether I should knock at the door, but I did it anyway. So, she woke up, and of course she was in her pajamas, and giving me a big, faking smile(one of my eye brow moved up, and another move down). Then, I waited in her house for an hour until she was ready(well, I did play with her pets though).
When we got to Palm Bay high school, we were late, but not too late, so we found our spot and got warm up, and ready to sing. First was the mix madrigal, then the women was next. Maybe it's beacuse it's early in the morning, and we all tired, we sounds like dying(isn't that funny that we still got suprior?). And when we realized that, one group had done for sing. So to beware of that, all the ladies began to show some smile on our face, and show the energy, and we sound really good, we didn't even doubt that whether we will get suprior for the women madrigal.
After the ensemble, was the Solo, Sweet Outline, Barbershop, and the Duet. Maybe, because it's early in the morning, or maybe it's because they're too nervous, some of them didn't sing as good as they can. But whatever, the most attracted one were the Sweet Outline and the Barbershop. Both of them sound so good when they practice. But I don't know why the Sweet Outline group got screw up when they proformed it. I mean the second song Mr. Saman was really good, but the first one, they came in on the wrong pichies, and they didn't know that we could stop and start over again. My friend Ana was crying so bad when she got off from the stage, she thought it's her fault, but actually it's not, and maybe just because they're too nervous. Well, lucky our Barbershop group perform really great and the guys were really funny. When they all finished, it's lunch time, what fast the time goes!
After we finished the lunch, Emily and I found a room to practice one more time, and she finally got all the notes right, and the only thing she need to do was remember what our chorus teacher told us, and perform it musically. Looks like we are not the only one who got the idea of practicing during the lunching, we only use the room for 20 minutes, but it's good enough for both of us. We went back and watch other people perform. I don't know why but although all of the girls and guys got nervous, but the guys sound much better than the girl. It's really funny that Jeremy's face was all red, and he sweat really bad when he performed it. But since he got the a really beautiful voice and sang it nicely, I think he's fine. Actually I think all the guys got superior for the solo. And after the high school solo, it's the middle school solo, and it's time for me to do my job. But since I was so ready for the song that I am going to play, and since the piano was so nice, I did a good job, and so did that kid, just if he could sing it louder like when he performed in front of whole bunch of middle school girl, it would be much better.
Finally, it's my last two song for today, which it's for Emily. We were ready to take to shot, but the problems came. First I got a electric piano, which I absolutely hate, and when I set the volume at the perfect spot, my stupid chorus teacher turned it louder then lower, then louder again. And since I can't play quiet when I saw a mark "f" on the music, and hit the keys harder, and it's too loud for the judge to hear Emily sing(why does my teacher always do something unecessary thing when he doesn't have to, gosh). And maybe because it's Emily's first time sing a solo, she was really nervous, and she began to forgot what our chorus teacher told her before. Fortunate, she got a beautiful voice, which she still sound pretty good.
After she performed, she told me that she really glad that she did sing the solo, and even she can't got a superior, an excellent it's pretty good too(i mean, we only practice like three days, what are you expecting?), and I think she got some great experience and ready to make the big shot next time.
Finally we were done, and when I got home, I slept three hours.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 741楼 发表于: 2004-03-05
March 4, 2004

Time flies like speed of light. Just a blinking time, it's March. And it's only the forth day of March, I had already said happy birthday to 10 people, two on March 1, 2 on March 2, 1 on March 3, and 4 on today, and two more coming tomorrow. Geez, what does so much people that I know of have a birthday in the beginning of March. But anyhow, I only gave one person birthday present(actually some of them, I just didn't know their birthday, otherwise there'll more money fly out of my pocket), I bought her a book, which has great story but a super stupid cover. So, last night, I spend half an hour to make a new cover for this great book. Then this morning, I was doing my pre-cal. homework while others were studying for the chemistry test or waiting for Bernedatte come in(the one has birthday). Ok, the central person came in, and everybody just either said happy birthday to her or gave her birthday present(one of them was great, someome cut a big hole in a thick book, and put some M&M inside, it's really funny). I stop doing my homework and gave her the present, and I told her don't look at the orginal cover, then I turn around and do my homework again. Holly a big crow, maybe she was too happy to receive that M&M book, she forgot what I said 2 seconds later, and I don't know for what reason make she look at the orginal cover(gosh!!!!!!!!!), oh well I hope she will still like it. Oh I almost forgot, my friend Jeremy gave her a birthday hat with an apple on top(because she wore an apple on her head on the spanish oral day), that's a great idea too.
Whew, finally we had an NHS induction meeting, and the new member were finally geting what they want for a long time. Well, the meeting just went well(actually not, some people were playing cards in the back, and some are doing their homework, but only few people listen and doing the stuffs were enough). I signed up for the speech in the induction (man, I can't bieleve I am going to have a serious speech in front whole lot of people again, last time as I remember was 3 years ago in China, but I am not so used to speech well in front of people anymore, that's something I lost and try to find it back). Well, something hilarious happen during the meeting, Mrs. Lucus, our responer urged everybody to sing happy birthday to Burnedatte (man, she is a really shy girl, her face looked some funny), then Joe(he's funny guy, who always sing like a goofy guy)just took the microphone, and sing as fun as always. This time he sang the happy birthday song in a semi-romanic and semi-playful style, then everybody was just laugh. That was great.

Wow, it's 23:38, I stil have to finish my history, oh well, whatever.

注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 742楼 发表于: 2004-03-07
Viva le fromage! (long live cheese..)
It's been a while since I wrote anything here. Life has been... the same--it is mundane, it is ordinary, it is repetitive; yet it is still extrodinary, still intersting, and still new...
I cannot remember how different my life has been from that of before, but I am sure that it is different, in a way or another. Like usual, I would study and have some fun in the little time after doing those tidious work--yet every single time there are differences, however little, here and there.
So I tried and tried again to exercise myself for a certain goal, until it was reached. Perhaps I am just another man who seeks accomplishment, for the feeling of accomplishment is a sensational, joyful thing--yet it is always accompanied by some doubt, and whatever is beyond it...
And all I know now is that I am alive, living, happily or not, in this world. I will shout to the world, Viva le Fromage!

By the way whatever, my e-mail address is henrylithius@yahoo.com and my screen name is emb422.

-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 743楼 发表于: 2004-03-08
March 6, 2004
What a exhausted and exciting day! IT IS SCIENCE OLYMPIAD STATE COMPETITIION! Everything just like usual except I had to get up at 6:00 in the morning and go to the competition place. Since both my cousin and I were getting the ride from our math teacher, we decided to review the stuffs and make up our sleeping time in her car. My first event was Polymer Detective, and my partner was Burnedatte. Well, although I sort of know what polymer is and I do know what to write their structure, I don't know their properties at all. Neither did Burny know(man!her knowledge of this topic was more poor than I do). So I gave her some informations that I think it's going to be on the competition, and both of us tried to memorize. Maybe because it's early in morning, and maybe because both of us were really tired, we can't remember much. And our conclusion was "we don't care."
When we got there, Burny and I went to the competition room immediately. Not surprising, we were not the only group that didn't know polymer that well. Anyway, we still need to do it. So we began to test those unknown polymers and try to figure what those are. After the density tests and the burning tests, we sort of know what they are due to both of us read the property tables that I download from internet. But the funny thing was, both of us memorized the table up side down, so we got both part I and part II completely wrong. Man, I felt really stupid, because the only thing we need to do for geting full credit for NO.1 was remember two properties tables. And part III was the hard part, but we got them all right, except one question that neither Burny remember it.from Biology nor I remember the answer from Chemistry. Oh well, it's still fun to do it anyhow. I decided it, I am going to do it again next year, and I am 100% sure that I am going to win next year since I began to love this topic, and I know what's going on in the competition(it's my first time join the science olympiad competition).
After an hour off, Alice and I went to the chemistry lab competition place. Well, since she had already had this event last year, and since both of us are good at chemistry, I didn't worry that much. And just like we expect, we did really well. The questions and the lab was 10 times easier than any regulate labs or regulate tests(not IB TYPE of lab or test)that our chemistry teacher gave us. Although the questions ask too much which it may take forever to finish it, we are the first group and the only group in our block(each block have 9 teams) finish the whole thing and clean up before we have to turn it in. If everything just like what we expect, we may could win something for this event hopefully.
Man, I was really hungry after 6 hours after I ate my breadfirst, so I took half hour off, and bought something to eat. Geez, the food was so expensive, I spent $5 only got a little bit food(they told me that if I can wait till 4 o'clock, everything will became very very cheap, because people start leaving at 3:00). Well, my last event was physic lab, which I didn't know too much, since I didn't take physic(well, I took one year in china, but that's three years ago), so I was counting on my partner who claim that she know enough for the competition. So I wasn't that worry about it either. But I was too stupid to trust people. When we got our questions and lab, she said she didn't learn those yet. I was like, "what the heck"(well I didn't said it out though), so I took over the paper and tried to read the question and lab, but I was really uncareful, and I got a big paper cut, which I have to use my pant to dry my bleeding finger. Well, I can't believe that actually I know more than she does, and I figure out how to do the lab and the question. Man! I didn't even take physic here, I should said sometime American people is really undependable, I was really regret that I didn't print out the informations, otherwise I could have got all the questions right. I wrote the procedures, and set up the lab, and finsh it. The only two problem that I didn't get it right was the calculation problem, which I forget the conversion between calorie and J. Although I make up some number for the conversion, but I knew it's wrong. Geez, I which Hailey was there with me(she is taking physic right now, but I am 100% sure that she is the one know enough for the compeition), if she is my partner, we will kick others' butt, we could just sweep through the whole competition and win the first place for the physic lab. Oh well, it's also my fault to not be well prepare. But since I am going to take physic next year, and since I knew what's going on, I will win next year.
After 8 hours, I was really exhausted, but I still have to wait for my cousin, he still had one more event. I finally had time to think what I need to do this weekend, but what I figure that out, I got a really big headache since everything is going to due on Monday, History unit test, reseach paper, WWII project, chorus addition, etc. Life is so stressful, but why living? I still don't konw, although I don't know enough courage to die, I do know if I am not living, then I won' even have a chance to find the meaning of life. Every moment is so similar but also really contrastive. Every happy moment arouse the sad memory of my life, but every sad momend also reflect the happy memory of living. Why I am living, I still don't, but as long as I am alive, I am on the way of seeking, seeking the meaning of my life.

注册时间:
2003-03-19
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 744楼 发表于: 2004-03-08
Science Olympiad... sounds like fun.
The only thing I did this weekend was a math competiton on Saturady. I did okay, and got 3rd place.

-Immanuel Kant

'己所不欲,勿施於人。'
-仲尼
注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 745楼 发表于: 2004-03-22
Friday March 12, 2004

Wow, what a exciting day! What so exciting? It's the boy's basketball game final competition, Cocoa Beach vs. ???????(I didn't even bother to know which school that it), if we win the game today, we are the state champion.
In the moring, on my way to school, I could alread saw lot of signs along the stress in Cocoa Beach have "good luck, our state champion" on. I thought I got to school early that day, but seem like I was wrong, there're already a long line in front of the front office for buying a site for the bus to the basketball game.
Oh well, not my bussiness since I had already got a ride from somebody. However, looks like I was wrong again, because the guy who could give me a ride can't drive his van anymore, so I have to ride a bus too. Dawn it! And maybe that's the suckest sing ever in my life, I had to pay $15 for riding a school bus, while others were riding a nice and comfortable bus. I was kind of mad, but the game was the most important thing.
So, eight faithful buses were taking their road to the game place. Although I know that we brought more than half of the school plus lots of parents here, I never realize that they are "THAT MUCH", gee the lines were supper long, we waited about a hour to get in there. The game place was really big and really nice, I think they use it for college game or even NBA. Since my bus got there late, looks like I can't find a good site if I want to sit with my friends. So I decided to sit with many people that i know but not my friends.
Atmosphere was much intenser and much more boiling that you could ever imagine. Even before the game start, all people from different sides had already competiting with sounds and movement. And too bad for them, whole bound of guys from their side took off their shirt and walk over to our side, but a second late, they got kick out by the corps. Then later, another competition between audiences erupted again. I didn't know who brought the beachball, which have state NO.1 on. The beach ball was passing in the air in our site, actually that was fun, I hit the ball twice after the principle gave was the permittion for doing that. However, they send a spy to our side and took the ball, so we send a "troops" there to get it back.
The game started as the pipe was blown, and our school first got the ball and got the score really quick. But unfortunately, they're too happy, so soon we lost 8 to 4. After our coach called for a suspension. Our warriors were back. Maybe it's hard to control, most of the chorus people forgot what our teacher told us, I was standing at the every frond line and cheer(I don't even remember how loud I yell). And somthing funny happened. When the score suppose to be 11 to 8, suddenly, our score became 115. Wow, even god said we are going to win huh. The announcer told us, the score board never have such problem before, and no matter how they tred to get the score down, when it reach 15, it still showed 115 again and again. So they remain the score at 15, and the game continued. After the score incident, we were so winning. Just a while, our team cautch up their score and leading for the rest of the game. And since we brought so much people there, our cheering also won, no matter how loud they yelled, our school still had a louder cheering sound, even the major, and all other high officials of Cocoa Beach were there and cheering like a trumpet. After the 3rd quater, we were pretty sure that we were going to win since we led with 11 points. And during the whole 4 quater, we didn't make any mistake, but the opposite team was totally wet by cold water. Without a doubt, we surely won to game, and became state champian, all the people from our school were chering, jumping, embracing, laughing, even crying. The final score was 57 to 47. It was the first time in Cocoa Beach history that the Boy's Basketball won the state champian, and for more than 41 years, Brevard country finally regain the champianship since 41 years ago achieved by Cocoa High. When our basketball coach lifted the champian cup, the whole right side cheer like the terrifying waves, for more than 5 minutes and the sound never got less. We not only won the game, but also won the beach ball back, Mr. Candle told me that the beach ball will sit next to the chempian cup, although many students want to keep it.
My bus was the first bus got back to town. When we got there, there're alread lot people waiting, so we open all the window, and yell "we are the state champian" along the road, and our bus driver hit the trumpet for declaring our victory. But seem like bus #4 got a better idea, the call couple sheriff cars to ride along, and they came back absolutely like a hero.
The whole day was great and fun, and it will be a unforgotable memory in my life.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 746楼 发表于: 2004-03-22
Saturday March 13, 2004
After the state champian in basketball game, rest of other competition got spirit up. Of course no exception for chorus.
Today is the district competition for us. Although many of us forgot not to abuse our voice yesterday, lucky we could have our sound to sing. I was pretty glad that, we didn't need to sing early in the moring like the solo emsemble did, we got lot of energy and we are pretty ready for the first shot, which was woman quire. Although our chorus teacher is always a lazybone, but today he was pretty smart. He used those short time, which the judges were resting outside to sneak us on the stage and practice(because the sound on the stage is different from the practice room). Maybe because of that, we began to use to the sound of the stage and got a great preforming. The more propitious thing was the sight reading, although we got the hardest one, we not only got the hard rhymes and hard notes, also sang it musically.
After a 10 minutes break, our teacher once again sneaked up on the stage the practice for the rest of two quires. And with the same reason, we did pretty good on the mix quire too. However, maybe our teacher was too happy about what we did, he gave us a bad beginning at the last quire, which is our top quire too. And the guys start to mess up, luckily the ladies save them, and we got back for the daydream really soon, and gave them a good sound. Although it's totally different from the practice room, it's good enough to got a superior.
And just like what we expected, we got straight superior for everything like last year, although I still feel last year we sound better, it's Ok, we could do better.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 747楼 发表于: 2004-04-04
Monday, March 15, 2004

Man, just like every single year, the week before spring break was always a no break weak. Just a second after a got to school, all I started to hear was there's a test tomorrow, a lab write up due a blah blah blah day, and homework, and homework, and homework.
I didn't know for what reason, our history teacher speed up the lessons. We went over half of the things that were about the Cold War and most of the things about the Vietnam War. So............."Ok, DBQ on the Vietnam war tomorrow." That's what we got. Be honest, I didn't know that much about the Vietname, though I had already watched lot of Vietnam war movies when I was a kid. I bet no one else know better than me in that class beside Coach. But heh, he was the teacher, and his father went to the Vietnam war, of course he know lot of things about it, even those scare things.
If just history, I think I could still handle it, but we got a chemistry test on environmental chemistry that was comoing up, which include 5 chapters, and 300 pages. Of course, a lazybone like me had absolutely no possibility that I had read those chapters. And tonight was the the National Honor Society Induction Night, which I was assigned to announce one of the characteristic of NHS. Much worse, I didn't get the script yet, although I knew that the script was the same every single year, it's impossible for me to remember it from last year when I was inducted.
Gosh, it's only Monday, how would I ever be able to survive till Spring Break?
Anyhow, I still survived, I went to the library and got the script after school, and then I started to practice. Because of my Chinese accent, my friend Jeremy(he is a great friend) pointed out few words that I didn't pronound correctly, and helped me to correct them. And our responser told us to be there at 6:00pm
Unfortunately, my slow cousin treated the induction too big, and he spent too much time on dressing: iron the shirt, chose the tie, jel his hair, and blah blah blah. And even though he spent half hour, I still looked better than he did, and I only spend 10 minutes on dressing.
Finally, we arrived to the induction place. I went to the side door and practice pronouncing my script with other people, who also assigned to announce something. Even though I practice many time, I still had little bit trouble on the word "compensation". One time, I even pronounce "without monetary compensation" as "without monetary compassion". However, after that, I didn't pronounce it wrong again.
The induction soon started, and the president of NHS started to read the same old script for 20 years, and as boring as always (at least to me). But since I was siting in the front road, I had to show a happy face until the induction end. I was the last one to give the speech, and I was going to announce the characteristic of Service. Maybe due to I like to show off, and I practiced announce the script a lot, I did a great job on the speech with a clear sound, correct pronounciation, and a nice frequency(lol). Beside giving a speech, passing the certification and congratulating to the new members were the nice parts of the induction(at least to me). Although most of them were in 10 grade, but I knew most of them since lot of them were my cousin's friends, and some of them I had already known them in chorus.
After the principle, system priciple, and our responser gave the speech, the induction was finally ended. So, everybody was starting to take pictures and chat. But since my friends in my grade and me had a DBQ tomorrow, we just had a short chat, and went home.
Of course, when I got home, I began to struggle with the Vietnam War, and did some research online since I felt the imformations from the book were not enough. Just like always, I can't go to bed until 12:00am or 1:00am.

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 748楼 发表于: 2004-04-04
Tuesday-Thursday, March 16-18 2004

Test, test, test, all I heard was test, test, test. Today, DBQ on Vietnam War. Tomorrow, huge test about the Cold War and English test on Old Man and Sea. After tomorrow, Chemistry test. Gr.......................................................................................... Well, I didn't think I did good on any of them beside the DBQ, since I studied a lot and I didn the research. The History test on Cold War on Wednesday was including 4 chapters, and the informations were not organize at all. I spent the whole night to organize it, and I still missed something. So what I did for those questions that I didn't know, I made up the answer that was neither right nor wrong. And English test was never better, although I read the book twice, I still didn't get some of the True/False questions, maybe I didn't read it close enough.
The Chemistry test, well, thanks to our hard working teacher, we got an IB type one, and the questions were also directly from the previous IB test. However, it was easier than I thought, there're only two questions that I wasn't sure, and started to make up stuffs, but I knew that I got most of them right.
Man, what a bad run on diary I wrote. But who care?

注册时间:
2002-08-18
在线时间:
0小时
发帖:
只看该作者 749楼 发表于: 2004-04-04
Friday, March 19, 2004

After the whole struggling week, we finally got a FREE day. And it also the first FREE day for the whole year. Well, actually I did still have the French test in 1st period, but after I did good on the oral yesterday, the writing test was just piece of cake. And just like always, we watch movie after the test, so it count as half of free class. Then, rest of the day was FREE. We did nothing but talking or watching movie in almost every single class. Even in Chemistry. Tell you what, we got a lab. What lab was tha? ICE CREAM LAB. Haha, we were making ice cream, that's the most fun lab of all we did for the whole year. Although we did it once last year, my old group did it pretty bad, it melted after a while, and I just added some chocolate in it and drank it as chocolate milk. This year, I got a funier, and better partner, he and me done a great job in this lab. And last year, my group was the last group that finish the lab. This year, haha, we were the second one, who got the ice cream. We were eating it, while others were still dealing with the freezing ice bag.
Oh, I almost forgot, today was also Hat Day. As you know that school dress code doesn't allow students to wear hat. So, what happen that day. I didn't know who came up the idea of Hat Day, but it was great. The Relate For Life group was raising money for the American Cancer Society, and if the students bought a dollors ticket from them, they could wear hat on Friday. How great was that! I knew the people love to wear hat, and lot of them bought a ticket. Man, I have to stand in front of Publix to raise money, and my teammate just came up with such good idea. Maybe I have to come up with something soon, otherwise there's no way that I could raise $100.
Well, finally was 7th period, which was the most important event of the week--the basketball game, Senior vs Faculty. This was the 3rd time, and it was the best, and funiest. Since we were the basketball state champion, there're no way for the teachers to win if the team players were playing. So most of them were not playing or only played for 5 minutes. What about our teachers' side? Since we got couple new men teachers, and one of them was basketball player in college before he came to our school, and another one was the bigest and tallest guy of the whole school, the Faculty had hope to win this year.
When they game just started about 5 mintues, the Faculty started losing, we started to thought, gosh, the Senior was too good, there're no way that the Faculty will win. Well, we all changed our mind, when the Big guy and the Cool guy came to play. Althought the Big guy can't run fast, the in the 3 Second Area, he was the king. Later, many famale were on, other players also exchange, and the funny show started. Ms. Moson, our responser of cheerleader team, just like every single year, the times that she fell on the floor was more the the times the shot the ball. And the female teacher also playing the "steal ball game" between other female senior players. And the our masculine joined them soon, they just like playing a goofy game, acting like a fat dumb bear, they not only passed the ball to a wrong person, but also treat the ball as a kid. In addition, we got two great narrators this year, they made the game much more fun, it's great to hear how they describe the stupidity and the flexibility of each member.
The final result was Senior 44 to Faculty 43. Although I knew that every year, they used to make the score pretty close, it always fun to watch the game. Maybe next year, when I am a senior, I will play.

快速回复

限150 字节
上一个 下一个