qaac is a command line AAC/ALAC encoder using QuickTime API, strongly influenced by http://tmkk.hp.infoseek.co.jp/qtaacenc/.
* Can read WAV, AIFF, AU, RawPCM, FLAC, Wavpack, ALAC. Cuesheet(*.cue) is also supported from version 0.05.
In fact, qaac uses libsndfile, so every PCM format supported by libsndfile is also supported by qaac.
* Encodes as AAC-LC / AAC-HE / ALAC into standard ISO MP4 container.
* As for AAC, ADTS output is also supported from version 0.06.
* As for WAV, AIFF, AU, RawPCM: pipe input is supported.
* As for AIFF, FLAC, Wavpack, ALAC: embedded tags can be automatically pulled (not all).
* Can process multiple input files, wild card can be used.
Download latest version from here. You only have to download qaac-x.xx.zip, if you don't want to compile/browse source codes at all. Of course, you must install the latest Apple QuickTime to run the app.
qaac uses following libraries.
* Apple QuickTime SDK
* libmp4v2 (modified)
* GNU getopt (modified)
Usage: qaac [options] infiles....
"-" as infile means stdin.
In ADTS output mode, "-" as outfile means stdout.
-d Output directory, default is cwd
-a, --abr AAC ABR mode / bitrate
-V, --tvbr AAC True VBR mode / quality [0-127]
-v, --cvbr AAC Constrained VBR mode / bitrate
-c, --cbr AAC CBR mode / bitrate
--he HE AAC mode (Can't use TVBR)
-A, --alac ALAC encoding mode
-q, --quality AAC encoding Quality [0-2]